URGENT NEED OF INSTRUCTION

Aug 14, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, Tecknetics delta 4000 (do not get)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wanting to dig not on a creek bed but on a ridge. There is a drainage ditch at the bottom of the ridge. On one side there is a ridge and the other side isnt flat but it isnt a ridge. The creek is full of slate and qurtz but not enough water for a dredge or sluice. What im wanting to do is dig into the ridge and try to find a vein. I have found gold in the creek theres not enough water flow to move the gold so where its at is were its source is. Im just wondering is it worth my time. If u need any more info on my place just leave a comment. Please i need answers ASAP

Thanks and have a blessed day

Upvote 0

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tested all the way up the creek? Keep testing up the creek until the gold goes away and pay attention to the coursness of the gold. Is it real course or worn smooth?

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's what you should do. Test the creek upstream till you run out of gold. Then, start up each side to see where it is coming from.

OP
OP
hunting for Wheaties
Aug 14, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tested all the way up the creek? Keep testing up the creek until the gold goes away and pay attention to the coursness of the gold. Is it real course or worn smooth?

Thanks and how deep do u think i would need to dig in the ground before testing

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Start at the top level and test your way down to bedrock if possible. You could also save yourself some time by going upstream to the edge of your property and doing a quick test there. If you get gold there then there's a good chance it's coming from even further upstream and you may have to check with the neighbors to go further upstream if you really want to find the source.

Not knowing where you're at really makes it hard to give a definitive answer. Many things can come into play. Amount of rain, type of soil etc etc etc. You say that there isn't enough water to move the gold but that just can't be. SOMETHING had to move it into the drainage ditch in the first place. A picture or two of the area in question may help the guys here to give you an answer that's more than just a guess.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hunting for Wheaties
Aug 14, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start at the top level and test your way down to bedrock if possible. You could also save yourself some time by going upstream to the edge of your property and doing a quick test there. If you get gold there then there's a good chance it's coming from even further upstream and you may have to check with the neighbors to go further upstream if you really want to find the source.

Not knowing where you're at really makes it hard to give a definitive answer. Many things can come into play. Amount of rain, type of soil etc etc etc. You say that there isn't enough water to move the gold but that just can't be. SOMETHING had to move it into the drainage ditch in the first place. A picture or two of the area in question may help the guys here to give you an answer that's more than just a guess.

I will upload some pics today if u dont mind coming and taking a look at them

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may own the property BUT do you also own the mineral rights??? how about the water rights to that water?? Look on deed as rights conveyed--if you indeed have them--with the title transfer. Save yourself any hastles down the road with neighbors and or bureauratz or environutz. THEN test test test and when the rains come your ready to go get ya some-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread