Back to work soon..

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I have been on break from prospecting.. Spending sometime on a friend of mines farm. I was supposed to hangout till after New Years.. It was a nice break but I really couldn't see myself kicken it for a few months... So here I am.. Back home and getting ready to get on some gold.. I have been spending the last few days walking an area and getting to know it.. I haven't sampled the area as I am still in the process of determining if one is even allowed to prospect in this area.. Monday I plan to drive to Sacramento and get this figured out plus I want more maps. Tomorrow I am headed towards Foresthill to get some samples from an mine. also with the intent to sample the creek.. I hope to get some good vids. It has been a few weeks since I have put a pan to water and I am looking forward to it.. I suspect this winter to be decent fro gold.. My goal for winter diggings is high this year and with the price of gold not that good I got my work cut out for me. Well soon it will be Thanksgiving which will be nice.. Well I hope all is having happy holidays..

Oh yea I did post a vid but not really anything to do with gold.
Victor Marshall - YouTube

Upvote 0

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good to have you back MM. Things have been keeping me from prospecting but finally had to get away. The water was so low I was able to get closer to the source. Just sampling I was averaging 4 flakes per 1/2 cup of material. Sure does feel good to see color in every pan! :goldpan: GL and HH!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering how long it would be till the withdrawal symptoms set in MM. Glad to have ya back! Givemhell!

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy holidays to you and hope you get on some nice gold.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My apologies.. Been doing allot of driving and exploring as of late.. I have been intending to shoot some vids but it is time consuming locating a placer claim( If done right).. Today I spent some time in Sac at the BLM office and got the all clear.. Tomorrow I will record with The County Recorders Office and file the notice of intent.. I will go back to the area also and update the information on My Discovery Monument.. Also put up a few other signs on edges.. 120 acres... I suspect that I should be able to get some footage of the claim tomorrow as most the work is done...After Thanks Giving I will file with BLM in the Sac office..

the song is "Its your game mary jane" by Gib Guilbeau

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well everything is all good on my end.. It is nice to be pretty much done.. I am pretty sure Blm in Sac is open tomorrow and I will wrap this baby up.(plus buy a few more maps, cant help it). Anyway don't really get a break though Thanks Giving my brother wants to go prospecting and we have a 2 different Dinners to feast on that evening.. Lots of Family around these parts.. Friday I must Drive up North ,got to finish up the year there. I am told that I am going to the Sea Of Dreams New Year Eve in San Francisco .. figure Sometime in January I will be able to get back to actually moving some dirt..

I am really excited about this area.. It has been a long time in the making. Well hopefully not in vein.. If so the search would only continue..

Well it's been my experience it's not best to put all my nuggets in one basket so I have 2 Fall Back areas .. Though I will admit Neither sampled as well as the one shown.. That drift mine is next to Seasonal creek. The mine about 200' long and is dug into cemented gravel.. water can be waste high in the wet season.. That creek runs down into "Some Name" Canyon into another creek that never runs dry and has a crap load of Bedrock and samples their were also very good. Sampling the seasonal creek above and below the mine showed good color... Anyway can't wait till spring looking forward to throwing some dirt around.. I have made over a dozen trips to this place. It is nice to see results starting to show up now if I can get some payable gold out of it for 2014 that would be the real test.. It already owes me around 3 grand. But that's prospecting. plus I drive Gas Guzzler..... Well Gentlemen I hope everyone is well and having a good year

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM,
Thank you for the walk around though I did get a bit dizzy. Looks like a fire went through the area, maybe the 08 fire, and that is good as the fuel is minimal and the brush is still low so the canopy was not taken out. Been past that cemetery oh, maybe 200 times. You are in lowish country and that is good as when the rain/snow starts up there that dirt road you drove in on will change from a friend to a bit unfriendly so being closer to a town will be of use. With the road right there it will be simpler to haul your gear in and I'd guess that would include a very large tarp or two with some battens and nails to seal the roof of the cabin from leaking assuming will stay in the cabin, just you the mice and maybe a bat or two. The biffy looks like it needs a little work and you might want to put some insulation on that toilet seat to sort of ease the shock of being warm and then not quite so warm instantly. You've likely a lot of firewood cutting to do as well as a chimney inspection assuming there is a wood stove in the place. Yup, you've a lot to do young fella! Enjoy that dance/party in the city and then get back at it. Be careful if you are going to be mostly alone out there as 120 acres, a township, is plenty of area to get lost in. Best of success and bring the good book with you as well as a few others so the real rainy days don't make you go nuts.................................63bkpkr

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last Chance Mining District .. unfortunately The Claim is about 6 thousand feet and Mosquito Ridge road will close soon. I an really happy with the acsess to my claim.. 3 different 4x4 roads that all run thru my Claim. I am already drawing up Plan of Operations for next year.. I have removed and cleared the fallen trees and debri myself .. Forest service and myself have the only key to the acsess roads to the claim.. As for the structures on the claim.. I have been speaking with the Archelogical department with Blm and discussing cleaning up the cabin trash. I would like to make improvements and I would love to be able to make us eof the structure while maintaining it's historacol qualities. But with the holidays and the time of year It will probely be spring or so before I get him out on the claim to figure it out.. As of now I locked and chained the door and gave a key to Blm.. Most likely my winter work will be in Alta.. Canyon Creek and Indiana hill as caught my attention and I am having difficulting finding a safe way down to Canyon creek and the only trail one must trespass to use and I have been getting looks.. And complaints... Little did I know that Bolt Cutters were part of a prospectors kit. I got tired of seeing gates locked and roads closed so I have been cutting allot of chains.. (After I check Land Status) Allot of times the locks are from old claim owners or just greedy people who like to pretend they have rights to lock gates and such. Anyway I have opened up a few gates that had no right being locked... Gentlemen I stress to you to check land records and talk to the governing agency. I think you may find more places to explore.. I am sorry about the vids they were done in haste.. I had my Stepdad with me yesterday and age wears him out quickly and I needed to get him home.. I plan on getting better vids of the area and the house as it is riddled with history.. Thanks Giving my Brother and I will probely go up their and try to fill up the truck with some dirt to bring home and sample..All our efforts right now will be on the seasonal creek as it is the easiest to exploit. Anyway I am currently looking someone to help me with the 2014 season as the work load is getting heavier and I need someone to help distribute some of the load. Anyway we will see what 2014 holds. Honestly I wish I could just sleep til april..

Anyway 63Backpacker I enjoyed your thread and I still find myself looking at the pics you taken and trying to figure out exactly where u are... Futile most likely but fun never less.. I was wondering if you use the spot tracking service? The one that follows and marks your travels on Google maps in realtime. I wonder if your time on the Yuba was spent near Camptonville.. Anyway I look forward to more pics and hope on day you shoot some vids...

matthews1026

Jan 1, 2013
Elverta, CA
Nice looking claim MM. I saw the post this morning and as I was working today I was thinking from time to time (I drive a delivery truck which means lots of time alone and time to think) if you had any history background about the claim and the house, so I was glad to read your post when I got home that it seems that you do have some info. Hopefully one day you can share with us some info, I'm a bit of a history nut. Looks like a ton of work to do. Hope all is well, be safe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread