South Fork American Gold

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hiked a couple hours upstream from Folsom lake. All pan and crevice work. Gold in every pan! IMAG1076.jpg

Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys

Been researching like a mad man before headig out and I think I finally pinpointed where I want to go.
And that's a place called Magnolia ranch trailhead.
I was just curious if any of you have tried the area before and also if I'm misunderstanding that this section ofthe river is recreational and open to public for panning
Any who thanks for all the info you guys pas along on this site.

If you are going south out of the parking lot you should check MY Land Matters for claims before you go, There is a section near there that has 3 claims and if you remove gold from them it may not go well for you legally. My land Matters can clear up any confusion for you.

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Took the boat up to the spot it would take an hour to hike to. Pretty much all lake now. To busy fishing and trying out the new outboard to sample the exposed bank 20170813_124502.jpg but I bet it's good!

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20170813_133318.jpg

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is that bowl shaped area Mojo. Almost didn't recognize it, usually rapids with a 5 foot gravel island here. 20170813_154810.jpg

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its a long tow back for these whitewater folks lol 20170813_144934.jpg

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last summer under the bridge. About 40 feet under water today. IMG_08291.jpg

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah Dan thats a good word for it!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is that bowl shaped area Mojo. Almost didn't recognize it, usually rapids with a 5 foot gravel island here. View attachment 1482894

Dan and I were just discussing canoeing up to the end the other day except for the 1.7 mile paddle out and Dan has been on the apollo 13 canoe ride before. With the water that high I don't think I can hold my breath long enough to get a pan of material anyway.

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The main problem paddling up the canyon is that the wind comes up late morning and can be a tough paddle back to the bridge.

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I recommend this type of paddle ha! 20170813_115830.jpg

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dan and I might have to hitch a ride with you next trip.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The main problem paddling up the canyon is that the wind comes up late morning and can be a tough paddle back to the bridge.

I got my canoe caught in a swirl a couple of years ago up where the bedrock walls squeeze down fairly tight into that last pool above the bowl when the water is low. With the wind blowing upstream and the lack of room to execute the current just kept spinning me around and around. Took awhile to get out.

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since only you and I know where that is at I feel a business in making and selling Jason's Camp Gold Maps about to happen.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread