Best picker yet

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made another solo trip back down to the creek last Saturday, arrived about 8am and left at 2. did some work on bedrock and sluiced. Found and dug up a good size underwater crack scraped it out and sucked it up. After that i worked a gravel bar uncovering bed rock and getting into multiple breakable cracks for the rest of the day. Ended up with 5 unclassified 5 gallon buckets full, got the bazooka supermini set up and started feeing with a plastic scoop, first two buckets I was seeing some small pieces dancing down the plate and was feeling good! About half way down on the third bucket dumped a scoop full on the plate let it clear and boom! A sweet chunky picker!! it rolled half way down the plate and was just sitting there so I quickly grabbed it up with my fingers and ran up on the gravel bar away from the water were I gave it a good inspection and couldn't believe it! It's the picker I've been dreaming about it, I was dancing and started singing "oh my darling" wtf? I never sing or dance, good thing no one was around Lol put it in my plastic vile were It didn't leave my pocket until I got back to the truck. Sluiced the rest of the buckets, cleaned out the bazooka and got a fair amount of smaller stuff and fines but not much compared to the picker. Was a Saturday well spent and best piece i have found yet. I cant stop rattling it around in the vile starting to drive my wife crazy haha. only thing I wish i would have done different is keep my diggins separate or label the buckets so I know what's coming from where. Well cant wait to get back out this weekend for more! Enjoy, warm holidays and h h to all![ image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg =CONFIG]905977[/ATTACH] image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 173
Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post and pics - "doing a dance and singing..." LMAO - perfectly normal ! Best wishes today and future adventures.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice man!!!!!!! and that area has been dug and scraped for years, just goes to show its still out there for the fellas willing to dig and scrape more than the ones before:hello2:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gonna start practicing my victory dance now so I'm ready ...congrats!!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HTD, NICE! Way Nice!! Best of Success for all your outings this winter.........................63bkpkr

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to go!!!

OP
OP
Hangtowndiggins

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fellas for all the kind words and compliments I appreciate it! From what I'm seeing so far from this area is that there's still plenty there, I'm just inconsistent at fishing it out due to being a beginner out on my own, but with time will come improvement as for everything. Was at this same spot the Saturday before last swinging around the gb pro and didn't find anything but some trash, the picker may have been too deep or maybe I just didn't swing over it at all. Next time ill hunt with the gain up a bit more and dig some cracks out and then see if anything signals. So feels like finding that picker was more luck then anything. Going to look at a spot tomorrow on the cosumnes river close to home, would like to try my luck at my first bit of river gold before water levels go back up. Well happy thanksgiving everyone and may your pans be as heavy as my turkey dinner plate was!:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread