Prospecting this weekend

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, here too...dug on Monday for two hours in sunshine and 60 degree temps. Now we have six in of snow, temps in the single digits and cloudy skies...I prospect year round but cumonaready!

SpaceJunk

Jun 29, 2013
San Jose
Detector(s) used
gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was planning on doing some prospecting below 1600 feet but it is looking like the weather won't be cooperating even at that low an elevation!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
going down to 5 degrees tonite in Reno. Look out east coast its headin your way !

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It got down in the 60's yesterday.. I'm heading out soon. Finally cooled off enough...

OP
OP
MinerFortyNiner1952

MinerFortyNiner1952

Nov 18, 2013
San Jose, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was going with two of my buds. Confirming with them today I half expected too cold, might snow, but all I got was two hearty "I'm in." So it's a go unless the roads make it unsafe. What the heck, I've skied on much worse days and still had a good time. It will just be a different kind of adventure and hopefully, dare I say it, full of gold finding.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MFN, you and your buds should be fine as long as you go prepared and do not get up to high. Prepared is important as the water and air are going to be cold. Find out if an open camp fire is safe now! Bring some sort of fire starter if the camp fires are ok. Hot beverage:thumbsup:, chicken bullion! And make sure the battery is in good shape for the cold, good clean connections, right fluid level. Chains just in case. Have fun, best of luck finding the yellow metal and stay warm and dry......................63bkpkr

187_8781.JPG

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I woke up this morning to see frost on the widows and cool 29 degrees. For Tucson this is cold...

Mount Lemon just above me at about 8500 ft. as I live at 2400 ft.

Mount Lemon.png

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
Was 70 today wish I could of got out and splashed around in creek! Going to be 45 this Sunday when I Get to go out. Won't stop me though! Lol Probably will be so excited from the adventure that I won't even mind the cold. Hope y'all get on the gold! Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread