buyimg gold from ebay

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought a .1g piece for a decent price, and from a
well respected seller of nuggets. Weighed out properly
on my scale, and made for a good practice target when
learning to use my GB Pro.

First thing I always check out is the sellers feedback, as
generally I only buy from those with 100% feedback rating
as a seller.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beware of the seller feedback on ebay as ebay no longer allows negative feedback to be posted without alot of hoop jumping. Most give up trying to post negative feedback.

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ebay nuggets? Really? Dude, I'm speechless.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buyer can easily leave negative for a seller, seller just cannot leave a negative or a neutral for a buyer.

And I have sold some nuggets on Ebay before, always had happy buyers. Took good pictures, gave weight in the auction, most of the nuggets I knew exactly where they came from, which helps selling them.

Last edited:

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the years we have bought gold many times on EBAY for testing.
(Gold from various parts of the country and world can be totally different in shape and characteristic.)
We've never had a problem.

Just look for sellers that have several transactions and good feedback.
There are quite a few good ones there.
Also, look for sellers that have multiple listings for gold that "make sense".
There are actually some decent size ops that sell their gold there.
IE: Nuggets bring a premium price and it's better than melting them down.

Leaving negative feedback as a BUYER is easy.
Leaving negative feedback as a seller is pretty much impossible.

From EBAY: "Buyers can leave sellers negative, neutral, or positive Feedback. Sellers can leave buyers positive Feedback or choose not to leave Feedback."

You can see more here:
Buyer accountability

If you do buy gold, I recommend you have it shipped to a PO Box.
That way it is secure and not sitting in your mailbox.
Doc

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've sold nuggets and fines on eBay dozens of times. Only had one problem out of all the transactions. eBay made it right to me and the buyer . I was buying ozts of placer from a miner in the Yukon and selling single nuggets up to .25ozt. I made a little money and all in all had fun doing it. I always added an extra flake or two in a separate vial and believe me they appreciated it. If you're smart like Doc said it can be a good deal. Just my personal experience.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After some careful thought, I just purchased a pound of pay dirt from Elkie13. I will be using it to test and dial in my sluice. I also bought it because I am just too :censored: chicken to use what little I have recovered this year. I'll post results.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here are pics of the gold I got from elkie13's pay-dirt on eBay. It was one of my better ideas for dialing in my sluice. Very happy:hello2:

008.jpg

002.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought both dirt and nuggets. Never a problem.

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's good info I've always been curious about it. I just might buy me a bag to try it out.

RustedBucket

Greenie
Dec 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep just got a couple bags from elkie13 as well to get a sense of what's happening in the pan when there is something in there.

Gene Slater

Nov 12, 2012
I live in a silt heavy, no gold except on teeth area and just bought 4 bags from Elkie on Amazon. Looking forward to color and will let you all know.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree !! If I had done it I dam sure woulnt admit it... That's kinda like stopping by the fish market after a bad day fishing!
...look honey, fish! And I even cleaned em already!

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a good friend who's been buying nuggets for over 20 years. Most of it was when gold was under $600ozt or less . Needless to say he's more than doubled his investment. He doesn't live near a gold area but loves to pan and prospect where and when he can. I've sent him a lot of pay dirt from the same guys in Alaska I used to buy my gold from. My buddy was in Iraq during desert storm . He lost all of his right leg and the left leg above the knee. I guess it's funny that he buys nuggets and paydirt so he can enjoy what comes easy to most of us. Food for thought.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've got a good friend who's been buying nuggets for over 20 years. Most of it was when gold was under $600ozt or less . Needless to say he's more than doubled his investment. He doesn't live near a gold area but loves to pan and prospect where and when he can. I've sent him a lot of pay dirt from the same guys in Alaska I used to buy my gold from. My buddy was in Iraq during desert storm . He lost all of his right leg and the left leg above the knee. I guess it's funny that he buys nuggets and paydirt so he can enjoy what comes easy to most of us. Food for thought.
I don't think any one thought I was referring to someone in those circumstances . I was poking at those of us who dredge high bank ect. buying gold because there not finding any!
If you will pm me your buddy info I'll send some real cons not the peppered stuff it's the least any of us could do for a fellow vet.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh also gold as a investment ! Not me may be for some but it doesn't pay unless your economy is going to hell ...
I prefer to believe in my fellow country men ... I know we have a mess in this country right now but I still believe well turn it around ..

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh also gold as a investment ! Not me may be for some but it doesn't pay unless your economy is going to hell ...
I prefer to believe in my fellow country men ... I know we have a mess in this country right now but I still believe well turn it around ..

No worries G1sammons. Hollywood gets all he can pan my friend. I have an interest in a claim in the liberty bell area and a few other friends with claims. I'll be sure to pass the info along to him and see what he says.
As for the state of our country, until there's not a selfserving interest governing this great nation we all just need to be prepared. Better that than being caught with our silkies around our knees!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread