First attempt at working bedrock cracks!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had no idea what i was doing but it was fun! The rock was easier to break apart then i thought and i got more gold in less time then usual sluicing. Cant wait to try it again. ....so does this mean i need to buy crevicing tools now too? Lol

Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find that crevicing is a rough trade-off from sluicing. You seem to spend as much time, and energy, - you get much less material, but there's a lot more gold as a percent of material. I used crevicing as a break from shoveling into a sluice all day. Don't forget the moss.

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The nice thing about crevicing tools is that you can start off cheap. With a little initiative and know-how you can fashion some of your own too.

Sniping for gold can be very rewarding, and as fullpan said, you will only be moving a small amount of material. But, sometimes that small amount of material can have a fantastic amount of gold in it. I've had some of the funnest panning ever while sniping (crevicing)--we're talking everything from fat flakes to nice character nuggets when it's good.

All the best,

Lanny

Follows Camp Craig

Dec 1, 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Team Keene Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to "snipeing" Kid.
Please don't buy a thing, think it out yourself.
A turkey baster has a quick gulp where the draw of a home made super soaker could make all of the difference. Hint, hint.
It appears that you have kicked "The Fever" and you are now thinking about this subject seriously, you now get it.
You have had some sort of "quickening" and now we can speak, now the fun begins.

Keep it old school and it will stay real

You kicked the "Gold Fever"! now kick the "Gear Fever"

Try everyone's else gear for a year then buy your own

Craig

ECV

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread