North Georgia

Gene Slater

Nov 12, 2012
Is the any place in North Georgia that I can purchase pay dirt in small bulk? I go to Chattanooga every once in a while and am willing to drive south to get some. Im trying to get my nephews hooked before I take them on the annual summer Slater boys trip out east. The nephews are 9 and 12, so, a little color in my sluice should hook them well. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe one of the mines in Dahlonega sell buckets to go Might want to call the vistors center there and ask

two bear

Dec 14, 2013
Smoky Mtns of east Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gene, Try the Crisson gold mine in Dahlonega. I have been there several times and a couple of months ago I went online and purchased one of their bags. The Crisson was reportedly the only stamp mill in North Georgia not to have been found and destroyed during the civil war. I was quiet pleased with the gold I received from the Crisson and the people there are extremely friendly. They will ship the stuff to your house.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go make sure to stop at SMOKIN GOLD Just north of the square Really great Brisket

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll second the Crisson gold mine ...
They sell some of the best cons I think you will find ...
Some times you'll find some nuggets.and most of the bags have pretty good gold ...
They say they don't salt it but i think they do ... Plus they have a great show room and tromels for ya to run your cons on
15 dollars a 5gallon bucket I believe 90 for a tractor scoop ...
They also bagg it
Enjoy

pingdis

Jun 7, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Not yet.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread