goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking at the full address I can tell that GPAA needs to rethink their web programming! What a convoluted mess of a web address!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Oak - with your sharp memory and lightning fast typing skills, how about just paraphrasing the story for us ? C'mon everybody, "Oak," - "Oak", lol.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though that article was written almost 2 years ago - truth is truth.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All the eco's are going into overdrive ahead of the truth coming out. And that truth is going to forever destroy them. Global warming my left butt cheek. Get ready for it to get cold, and I mean real cold.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
They will do what they always do, just start chanting global climate change:BangHead:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of the highlights I enjoy about working my sluice in one
particular local creek is the hoard of minnows (not smolt)
that pile up in the headwaters of a pool just below where the
sluice sits in the creek.

Apparently, the material running through the sluice creates
a veritable "smorgasbord" of goodies they love to eat. Never
seen a happier crowd of 2" fish before...8-)

Salmon and Steelhead spawn in most all of the local creeks,
but I've never seen either one up as far as I go on this
particular bit of water. I would never dig or sluice in any
creek where fish are actively spawning, but fish do love to
spawn in the tailing piles that form from the sluice outflow.
It creates a near perfect spawning bed for the fish, IMO.

Last edited:

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
I love how enviroMENTALists look at a clear running river with a dredge running a trail of tailings making the water a little muddy and they think how can the fish survive? They are never out there during flood stage when you can't see 6" deep.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Excellent article, lots of good info. This is a land use issue. As land users we have to all come together- miners, fisherman, loggers, hikers, ranchers, bird watchers, who ever. It 's very counter productive pointing fingers as to who does the most/worst damage, in fact it only helps their arguments. Like the articles said they are picking us off one at a time. Please try to educate and include other land users not alienate

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love how enviroMENTALists look at a clear running river with a dredge running a trail of tailings making the water a little muddy and they think how can the fish survive? They are never out there during flood stage when you can't see 6" deep.

And if you think about it that's when the fish are running up the streams and rivers to spawn, I live 50' from a major salmon sream and when the river comes up and gets dirty that's there opurtunity to make a run for it. It happens several times a month where I live.

Last edited:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Always gets my goat. Alaska arguably has some of the world's finest fishing. Look at pictures and videos from up there, Alaskan rivers are nothing but silt and glacial runoff. No such thing has "clear mountain spring",at least none of the rivers I ever fished or played in.
Next time your arguing with an environmentalist. Ask them a few questions- "Have you ever owned a fish tank?", "Did you ever clean it with one of those hose and tube thingy's?" "Did your fish seem to like it and act more lively?" "Do you realize that proportionately to wild fish in a river hole, you were in essence dredging your tank with the equivalent of a 24" suction dredge." Once they understand the concept they usually shut up fairly quick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread