Who is going to the GPAA EXPO in Mesa, Az - January 18th & 19th 2014

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
EXPO.jpg

Are You Attending The GPAA Expo Mesa, Arizona?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jcaz. nailed it. I was shocked by seeing at the gold show someone demo skillets and cookware for the kitchen, but this happens due to the vendor paying for his or her booth and the GPAA allowing it, this was a turn off for me. I missed some of the things I would have like to see as in the Gold Well demo and the big nugget found. Footprints Mapping software that I purchased for the Greaterville is a very nice piece of software. I was asked if I wanted to go back on Sunday from another mining buddy, my reply was no. He ended up going and spent 1 hour before leaving. Had I not had an emergency at home I would have stayed to meet everyone and go to the lectures. Maybe the GPAA show out in Vegas is a better show, that would give me the excuse to take the wife to Vegas then sit in on some Texas Hold'em Tournaments at the Aria.

The one item that did catch my eye was the Black Magic Fine Gold Sluice, although it was nearly knockoff of another product of the same concept. Simple to reproduce for less that $50.00 including the pump. The rubber matting was soft and spongy and less than .095 thick the entire length and width of the sluice. Most of the fine gold was trapped in the first eight inches, but at $125.00 I did not see many people walking out with one.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black Magic is by the ProGold folks over in Youngtown. I pointed them out to someone from Goodyear in front of the Trinity booth because it would be quite a long drive to Pro-Mac in Apache Junction from there.

If you have a standard aluminum sluice with ripples and miners cloth, seems like you already have most of a miller table.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Black Magic is by the ProGold folks over in Youngtown. I pointed them out to someone from Goodyear in front of the Trinity booth because it would be quite a long drive to Pro-Mac in Apache Junction from there.

If you have a standard aluminum sluice with ripples and miners cloth, seems like you already have most of a miller table.

Yea I found soft rubber mat at McMaster Carr that would work perfect. Its a soft smooth rubber mat. Rubber Mat, Aluminum Box, Pump, Plastic Valve, PVC 1/2 Pipe, PVC Cap, 1/2" PVC Hose Barb, and Hose. Very simple to make.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I talked with a guy about a year ago that had one of these Black Majic sluices set up at a meeting i was at.basically this is a Miller Table and from what i saw it worked just fine. their rubber mat was a "prepiatory" product and i forgot the name of it, but it worked fine. yep a person can make one a whole lot cheaper like AZ did and thats fine!i would have made one myself except i have my slate Miller table.i hate spending $$ on something that i can do with materials that i already have in my garage. BUT if i were to buy something on this order, i like this Black Majic device that he made!

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
The matting in a black magic sluice is kitchen drawer liner. You can buy a roll of it at Walmart for $7-8. Exact same stuff

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
The Green "Self Healing Hobby Mat" is another

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Primary Interest:
Other
The matting in a black magic sluice is kitchen drawer liner. You can buy a roll of it at Walmart for $7-8. Exact same stuff

I have to check that stuff out...... good tip

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Nice find. Stopped at Wally World and picked up me a roll. Your correct its the same matting used in the Black Magic Sluice. Going to build three of these fine gold recovery sluices for those that mine with me.

RM1.jpg RM2.jpg RM3.jpg

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread