Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
using a sluice box just don't cut it

its amazing how many miners i have talked to that would like to get back in the water and start improving the environment with there dredges, since i moved closer to my mining claims i have caught a lot of club members from the comstock reno prospector club on my lower claim, of course i tell them there claim is up river, i also ask if there a member of plp, all have said no
so here ya go you claim jumpers

http://plp1.org/images/MEMBERSHIP_APPLICATION_NEW_10-10-12.pdf

Upvote 0

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am Familiar with The Comstock Claims If memory serves right they are the Shiloh and lucky linda.. it's been a bit since I been in the area but the claims were marked well and the description given to the members are easy to understand.. No excuse.. The truth is I doubt you will find any actual miner's in that club. I have yet to encounter anything but the summertime weekend warrior. Their interests in dredging I think has little to do with the environment.. More likely they are thinking easy gold.. These clubs geared toward recreational mining are damaging to actual prospectors and miners.

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yuup lucky linda
comstock above my claim and valley prospectors below, nice enough people, i tell them they can pan or sluice if they can produce a PLP card and none have been able too
even in Downieville seems no one has heard of PLP, the Nugget, Indian Valley outpost, i have been posting the membership for PLP on the billboards, ( don't last long) seems folks just are not aware that what they enjoy will be effected by the ruling in may

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with a club that is a ways upstream from you. I like finding poachers on the claim, heck I even show them where to dig. It's nice having the overburden dug out for free! :laughing7: They get a few specks and are happy and I get to the bedrock easier and am really happy.

Everyone reading this. JOIN THE PLP!!!! They are doing more than you realize for all of us that enjoy our lands.

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hemi
this past summer i was on my way home with a buddy from my upper claim near Sierra City and pulled over to check out my lower claim. i saw husband and wife with a com-a-long, straps, bars moving boulders. poachers digging a little dirt using a box and pan is one thing, getting them to dig where ya want HAHAHAHAHA,
so lets hook up do a little poaching on the claims:hello2:
HH

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't need to poach. Got enough good spots to go to. Yeah, Mom, Dad and a couple of kids enjoying the day panning is no problem. I will let them know they are on a private claim and encourage them to join the club, but a couple of guys with a highbanker I have a problem with that.
I was down there last week. Claim is too snowy to have fun on (No sun this time of year). I will let you know the next time I am down that way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions