last day of the year

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not me, (Shoulder) but here is what I have scheduled for the day.

I will be parked in front of the TV (ESPN) watching the best two running backs (UA ‘s Ka’Deem Carey vs BC’s Andre Williams) of this year playing against each other today at 11am mountain time. Arizona vs Boston College in the Advocare Bowl.

Anybody else ever hear of this Bowl? LOL…

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Jealous !
I am all packed up & ready to go, Unfortunatly, can't go until early AM tomorrow... Guess my 2013 season is officially over, But I can't wait to get started on 2014!

Good luck to all on TNet, Hope everyone has Safe & Happy New Year !

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No mining for me, still can't walk very good. But that's ok, we get to start the new year in fine fashion. Our youngest son just returned from his fourth tour overseas(Afghanistan this time) and gets to spend a few days with us on his way to his next duty station. I haven't seen him, our daughter in-law, or grandson in a year and a half. Sadly it's only two days but we'll take what we can get. Needless to say the fowledup household is thankful, blessed, and HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope... Not going to be able to make it out until weekend after next. Hands are shaking, eyes crossing, and speech is slurred due to lack of materials to run. Guess I'd better try to knock some of those items on the "honey-do" list off between now and then. Then again it's not going to be long till I'm going to be out mining so much that I'll be praying for a break from it. Nawwwwww!!!!!

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
ok i dint strike it rich but found color and blocks from my house. only 3hrs.

Attachments

• image-260427094.jpg
    image-260427094.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 90

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang Tweeta, those BGTs seem to be grabbing you a bunch of gold!

Didn't go out today, but first outing of 2014 is to a new place I haven't been to yet. Headed out Friday with my son!

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
OH BOY DONT YOU KNOW IT! i love this BGT, its so cool to watch the gold walk down into the trap. ive had my keene for a yr and didnt get 1/10th of what ive gotn with this bgt in 4 uses. im willing to bet i get gold like this everytime i use it. i went to the recycle place saturday and almost threw this keene into the mix.

medic7a

Apr 30, 2013
Placerville, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went out today to get that last trip of the year. Put about 8 buckets through the bgt, cleaned out then promptly slipped smashed my arm and yard saled my cons all over the rocks. Oh well, here's to a new year.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went out today to get that last trip of the year. Put about 8 buckets through the bgt, cleaned out then promptly slipped smashed my arm and yard saled my cons all over the rocks. Oh well, here's to a new year.

Reminds me of a recent mess up of mine. Got my cons together and dumped them into a bucket. Problem was, it wasn't a bucket, it was a planter...with four large drain holes in the sides/bottom...into a thick green lawn. Sigh:dontknow:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well we've had a change of plans. We're going out tomorrow for a day trip. We'll do a little testing as well as some detecting. Robi must have seen that the withdrawals were setting in and took pity on me. Good way to start the year I'd say.

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Fowledup-- Please tell your son "THANK YOU" from an old grunt! I am so proud of all the young men and women who serve our country! MAY GOD KEEP THEM SAFE AND BRING THEM HOME TO THEIR FAMILIES--AMEN

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I wish I could have got out today, to bad it's in single digits and everything is froze solid! I've got the itch so bad I might try to drag the detector out and go find some overhang to run it under. Come on spring! Good luck in 2014 to all those who can get out!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had to get out today. Last day of the year, had to give it the old college try one last time. Tried out a new spot, and good gold. I almost think I am getting good at finding new spots. The last area i opened, the other members have been working like crazy. I left it for them.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And, no I am not full of myself, just happy to be getting the hang of this. Now, if my job would stop getting in the way...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out with old and new friends today (New Years Eve), a group of 5 slipping across the ice to decent diggings on Clear Creek up in the Jefferson County. Open Space Park. The gold was only ok but quite an adventure of serious winter prospecting :) image-2693728791.jpg
...a cool little piece of old china

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread