goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hummmm Do I get to go guys? I may live in Aridzona now but I do still have property in Cali. Prospecting AND beer? Sounds like a good combo to me.

I'm kidding of course. I've got too full a plate to be running off to California for a week (or more) But since we've got a lot of members here in Aridzona we might want to set something up that's a bit more local to us.

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently working out if Sacramento and a couple of local work buddies have asked me if I've checked out all the quartz veins that are visible at Folsom lake due to the low waters yet. Now would be a good time to prospect, I'd be in work pending of course, still have to pay the bills.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
There does not seem to be a shortage of potential places to go. Is everyone available the last weekend of Jan? Sat the 25th and/or Sun the 26th. That should be plenty of time to plan this out.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was gonna say February....

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
I live on the west side of folsom lake off Auburn Folsom rd. If you guys want a place to stay not on park property, but close to all the good spots I can talk to the property owner. he is in to gold mining also. You would need to bring Heinkin"s for him. Feb- Mar. would be good as the weather is nice here then. We could set up a little gold mining camp for a weekend or more, I would need to know now many and how long. so I could check with him.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Shoot, I'm from seattle, and it sounds like fun from here! Have a blast!

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Gold Fiends!

The American River below Folsom Dam will be even lower by this Friday(1/2 ) of Mondays flow as they are letting water out of the lake now. It could be a bonanza for gold grubbers.

Just be aware of what the rules are where you are at.
Take advantage of this nice weather and super low water, it may not last!

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If everyone ends up near Coloma I'm sure the Bazooka Crew would want to come through with sluices (and beers) in tow..
That would be way cool given so many of us have purchased Bazookas. Would be nice to actually meet the guys who make them and get a few tips.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
If everyone ends up near Coloma I'm sure the Bazooka Crew would want to come through with sluices (and beers) in tow..

That would be great! I got my BGT for my birthday in November and things have been real busy around my house. This outing will be my first time out with it.

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So...I'm no good at the "organizing" side of things, but keeping an eye on this thread... as soon as date is choosen I'm there.

bazookagoldtrap

Aug 27, 2013
Coloma, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I still have to talk to Todd & Chad, but I'm pretty sure we can schedule it in if we have some notice. We've been swamped and have been talking about a "fun day" for a few weeks now. I think this outing would be perfect.

Chris

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I still have to talk to Todd & Chad, but I'm pretty sure we can schedule it in if we have some notice. We've been swamped and have been talking about a "fun day" for a few weeks now. I think this outing would be perfect.

Chris

That would be awesome. I am willing to help out anyway I can unfortunately I am just not very familiar with that area. This is such a good idea I would hate to see it fizzle out.

Btw... Kudos to BGT on my last order, I received it in under 5 days!

OP
OP
M

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, you folks are ready to throw down some sluices and get the party started! Love it! Well it sounds like the biggest problem is when and second biggest problem is where. Since all of us can get to I-5, it would make sense to be around The Yuba or American watersheds. Definitely at a designated campground. I have no preference as long as my pan gets wet and shiny. Winter has never failed to come so April or May sounds the earliest if we are sleeping under the stars. Personally, I love the North Fork Yuba. Think we could get some TN shirts from our gracious hosts?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mcordell this is one of the best ideas I have ever seen. Count me in. Anytime before the 100 degree weather would be good. I am in Orangevale so any of the rivers work and as I have not been to the Yuba yet that would be a plus. Being a greenhorn I am excited about the wealth of knowledge that is going to be present. It'll be like an encyclopedia goldtanica......... Imagine the group photo.......

Goldenmojo

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like a blast guys. Ruby and I won't be out that way again until the first of April but if it's around that time we will be sure to come and dig our share! :icon_thumright:

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Wow, you folks are ready to throw down some sluices and get the party started! Love it! Well it sounds like the biggest problem is when and second biggest problem is where. Since all of us can get to I-5, it would make sense to be around The Yuba or American watersheds. Definitely at a designated campground. I have no preference as long as my pan gets wet and shiny. Winter has never failed to come so April or May sounds the earliest if we are sleeping under the stars. Personally, I love the North Fork Yuba. Think we could get some TN shirts from our gracious hosts?

A weekend in April or may sounds great. Gives us plenty if time to arrange a group campground and maybe gives enough time so that some out if Calif TN people might be able to attend. However, i think that we can plan a day in the river sooner for the TN folks around here. It would be great to meet some of the locals ( including the Bazooka crew ). The weather is still great and the water levels are so low. I still would like everyone to think about Jan 25th or Feb 8th.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live on the west side of folsom lake off Auburn Folsom rd. If you guys want a place to stay not on park property, but close to all the good spots I can talk to the property owner. he is in to gold mining also. You would need to bring Heinkin"s for him. Feb- Mar. would be good as the weather is nice here then. We could set up a little gold mining camp for a weekend or more, I would need to know now many and how long. so I could check with him.

There is this above, which I think is a stand-up offer btw...but I am also a total tourist when it comes to ya'lls part of Good Gold, N Cali. I-5 sounds good to me (for selfish reasons of course), and I think Feb-April could work for me, allowing a little extra time to plan this, and warm up a bit...IMHO. My Lab says he must go with me, but he does make a good little dredge. All I have to do is throw a white rock where I want him to dig. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread