KLONDIKE!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it is pretty boring so far. Hope it gets better tonight - fingers crossed.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was expecting more sex, I mean shhzz, gold miners, booze and ladies of the night come on now discovery! :laughing7:

I find it just interesting enough to keep me watching.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's developing too slowly. They have reverted to using sepia tones instead of full color on it, their desired effect to make things look old, but I like color. Real color.

rocme44

Sep 4, 2013
AZ, N.CA
Detector(s) used
AT, Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many errors noticed by us miners. Like using mercury in dirt instead of black sands. But the black powder shooting looked real.
Developing slow. It's not about gold, rather the story line of the people. JUST enough to keep me going to the end.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll watch the end of it, but it won't be one of those films I'll ever see again.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recorded both parts, I'll comment later, but can I call bull $hit on on discovery channel for this one?!

Attachments

• image-618254264.jpg
    image-618254264.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 135

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the last one they did, about the Ca gold rush was a better 2 part series.

Disappointed before I even watch :-(

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typical made for TV movie, sort of a docudrama only with Discoveries typical emphasis on the Drama.
Tonight will be the third and final part.

GG~

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
The sets are nice, too much drama, and very dark lighting in some scenes, and the acting leaves a lot to be desired.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's pretty good and have been enjoying it so far.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone following the show on Discovery? I like it, plus you get to enter a drawing for $50k each night. Some of the gold looks like painted rocks but there is no mistake about the nugget they keep showing. :icon_thumleft: GG~
Best iv seen in awhile! No doubt...

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What never made any sense to me is that the duke murdered two different men in front of witnesses and was never charged but yet the mounties hauled in the Indians just on suspicion :icon_scratch:

By the way, anyone see tonight's code?

Last edited:

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i liked the detail of including the real historical fact that miniture steamboat, when on part two, everyone trying to leave before winter,and last call on the last boat out,it was called the (AJ GODDARD), there was a real mini steam boat ,hauled in in pieces,over chilcote pass, it operated three years then sank, but mr goddard made a fortune off the miners, he and his wife spent there life savings buying and transporting the boat then assembled it on the shores of the yukon ,its still there ,only on the bottom.and the design in the show is a acurate replica of the real one. i noticed that right off ,and gained a little more appriceation for them including such a trivial background detail, very cool in my book!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Again I have put the DVR to use and will watch it on my terms. So tired of the BS Discovery employs. Use to be a great cable channel but has gotten caught up in all the reality shows much like ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the first episode and have recorded the rest so far I like it even with its artistic wandering......You actually had to carry ONE TON of supplies to be let into The Yukon Territory the mounties would not let you cross. You did the trips or you paid the Indians ...Dead Horse trail was aptly named. And the first Miners actually built their boats and waited on the ice for break up. Miners are not known for their boat building or piloting skill and the first dash down the river put a lot of boats under. Jack London gave up on mining right off and actually made his living piloting boats, that's where he got all his inspiration and first hand experience to write such cool stories. The Movie White Fang has a great portrayal of The Chilkoot pass.

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I want to see real miners, in real situations, finding or failing to find gold in real time! No more bs shows with innane drama to try to grab the Jerry Springer TV crowds. Ok, I'm done ranting. :goldpan:

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where is the BUZZARD when ya need him most? I miss his show so much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread