Woohoo ! - gorgeous little suckers - would love to hear the details. :thumbsup:

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chunky pickers, nice finds! How about the smaller stuff that came with those, or detected them out?

Last edited:

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
I'll reserve my opinion about the drought until after April. I will say I'm enjoying the weather now, 60 degrees at 6000 ft. In January just plane nice.

NorCalPilot

Jan 31, 2013
Placer County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interested in hearing the details as well! Is anyone sluicing in the middle of the rivers or just taking advantage of the low water to reach cracks/bedrock bust below the normal waterline?

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fullpan is right you can't tease us like that and not tell a story. Come on man, throw us a bone, lol!

I took advantage of the drought this past weekend as well but didn't have near the good fortune as you did, nicely done. I went to a questionable area rumored to be owned by the people of the state of Ca. Tons of trash, 6 or 7 cars, twice I had two really good deep hits, thought for sure it would be something good or at least old, both ended up being fairly new Budlight cans over a foot deep in the silt. Conclusion- the gold is way, way, deeper then I can get to below the silt without a backhoe. And Budweiser drinkers litter far more then Coors drinkers at a ratio of 8 cans to 1.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What's your secret to such super clean shinyness?

OP
OP
S

sactosluicer

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here, I will explain everything:

Totally by chance this fell in my lap, by being in the right place at the right time, and taking about 30 minutes out of my day to listen and talk to a lonely old man.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep when the water is low its a good time to hit those spots that are normally out of reach, even if you could get to some with normal water level its sure a lot easier when the water is low to really work those spots over to get every little bit out.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember a long time ago reading an article by Gail Butler about metal detecting the San Gabrial river bed during a drought, and she came up with some nuggets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread