Prepare for flooding - Sierra Nevadas CALIFORNIA

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hydrophobic....ha...dirt that is scared of water awesome.... I have been sacrificing one yellow leg frog a week so I hope all my effort really brings it in I know its supposed to get heavy tonight. FYI there are no Sierra Nevadas.....It is Sierra Nevada. Sierra means mountain range, and Nevada means snow covered. so you don't say there is no plural for snow covered.... you don't say snow covereds...... or Sierras..the word is plural already. Just thought some of you might want to know that:tongue3:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hydrophobic....ha...dirt that is scared of water awesome.... I have been sacrificing one yellow leg frog a week so I hope all my effort really brings it in I know its supposed to get heavy tonight. FYI there are no Sierra Nevadas.....It is Sierra Nevada. Sierra means mountain range, and Nevada means snow covered. so you don't say there is no plural for snow covered.... you don't say snow covereds...... or Sierras..the word is plural already. Just thought some of you might want to know that:tongue3:

lol - while we're at it, - its "vial" not "vile" and its "motherlode", not "motherload"

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Yesterday I took a loooong drive up the Foresthill Divide, then another 10 miles east on Soda Springs Road past Robinson Flat... I was struck by the extent of the burn from the American Fire... about 30,000 acres... InciWeb the Incident Information System: American News Release Indeed there will be excess runoff from areas recently burned over due to hydrophobic soils... Soil Erosion Control after Wildfire Will the excess runoff be volumetrically sgnificant in terms of the overall hydrologic basin covering the North Fork? Nope, not even close! However, the excess surface runoff is sure to cause excess erosion within the burn boundary and will certainly muddy up the North and Middle Forks of the American R. for the near future. There will not be any significant new erosion of lode gold or transport of flood gold... this is a very insignificant event in the grand scheme of things. L.G.

Basically he's just sayin after big brush fires there's VERY good chance of a soil shift.. Landslide..
Ect.. EVERY sinGle brush fire produced this.. Old news

Mother Nature doin it's things.. Burn slide re grow.. What a concept

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Friday morning.

NWS National Weather Service says to expect 6-9" of precipitation in the Sierras and N. Coastal mountains, with 1-4 feet of snow above 7000 feet! Its a Hawaiian Pineapple Express storm folks!

Great! Allah Akbar! (God is great!)

I'm really worried about those yellow belly scum toads...garsh, they could drown!

The feeder creeks below the snow line will be where to go for gold!

Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ DD Coil, 30" BGT Prospector, Blue bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you guys want rain just ask, all I have to do is wash my car and I can guarantee it'll rain the next day...

Lotus Geologist

Jan 6, 2014
Lotus/Coloma, California
Detector(s) used
MXT, TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I drove all over up there 4 days ago (on legal paved and dirt USFS roads) through several sections of the burn, and there were zero signs indicating to stay out.

L.G.

Lotus Geologist

Jan 6, 2014
Lotus/Coloma, California
Detector(s) used
MXT, TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmm... Just checked the closure order and indeed it is still in effect through May 1. On Wednesday I was on Forest Hill Divide, Road 13, and Deadwood Ridge Road, and saw no closure signs anywhere. I suppose I should have checked, but I went up there to get a friend unstuck that had to spend Tuesday night out in the snow.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5437333.pdf

:evil4: My bad... L.G.

Attachments

• stelprdb5437333.pdf
    832.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

PaulieNoNuggets

Dec 21, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really? That's good to know - I've been itching to go and poke around in the dirt out there. Is there much growing back yet, or is it all barren?
Here's the notice on the closure: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5437331.pdf
I had assumed there would be signs up or barriers or something. No signs means I can probably get away with the 'dumb tourist' act if the ranger turns up :laughing7:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
See any gold laying around up there?

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
Restrictions typically are restrict folks to designated routes in my neck of the woods. All secondary roads close the problem is sometimes they never bother to open them back up.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went up that way yesterday but turned back when the temp starting dropping near snow stage (did not want to get stuck). got some spots picked out planning to work it when it opens.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread