12V Hookah

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No experience with this Fowledup, but it looks pretty neat. I'd be interested in others opinions as well.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Keith, I've seen that brand (can't remember name), plus hookamax, and InLine Air, they all run around $1200-1500. This one runs around $300. A couple of differences- the more expensive ones go quite a bit deeper 50-60ft. This one maxes out around 15ft. Which is just about right for what I want to do. The expensive ones batteries are good for an hour or two, this brand claims you can run all day. I know you get what you pay for which is why I'm curious if someone has tried one of this brand.

Frank D.

Sep 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I noticed that you don't need scuba cert for it. Don't know if you are or not, but if not, just be careful and use common sense. The setup looks good, and it's price is very affordable. Commercial and scuba gear is very pricey (overpriced). I have owned both, and was a commercial diver for 12 years. I would ask them about the running all day claim. Was it actually tested with someone underwater all day, or did they just run the thing in their shop all day. There could be a difference, but not sure. Reguardless, just always pay attention to where your hose is, and don't throw any boulders on it! lol

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12v Electric Hookah DIVING KIT WITH PROMATE REGULATOR

Anyone have any experience with this brand, or set up? Looks like it would be fun for sniping!

I have no direct knowledge of this particular system but I would steer clear of it. I looked at their site noticed that the "complete kit" does not have a true regulator. I am guessing that the air is free flowing and that you would have to sip the air like if you had a malfunctioning regulator. It I also noticed in the picture of the complete kit, there is a picture of a dive mask with place for your nose and below that is a nose clip. Then there is a set of ear plugs??? Anyone that has ever been under water knows that ear plugs can cause damage to your ears under pressure. Someone is trying to make a buck and has no regard for your safety. Save your money and probably your life. Save up for a system from a reputable company.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the ungodly expensive keene unit and works just fine. Outfit in florida also makes a unit($1,000 cheaper),also quite expensive but good for 50'. MOST important to get PADI cert when ya start playing that deep as funerals are no fun and finding a hyperbaric chamber in the boonies is nil-John

Frank D.

Sep 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If this is the setup, then I see nothing wrong with it. But if not scuba certified, I wouldn't plan on using it to more than 8 ft deep (and still use common sense because you can have a fatal accident at any depth depending on the scenario). There are other things to also take into consideration for your safety, and I wouldn't recomend using this at all in areas with a strong current. Notice in the video there is also two people. Having a buddy with you would be a good idea. Ok Fowledup, I'm done lol, just be safe man

â–ş 3:35â–ş 3:35

www.youtube.com/watch?v...‎

YouTube

Jul 20, 2013 - Uploaded by terje solvang
Testing our 12v Electric Hookah DIVING KIT WITH PROMATE REGULATOR Bougt this at www.diving-us.com

Last edited:

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would use that in a creek or river in a heartbeat. Great sniping tool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread