Making A Miller Table Using A Rubber Mat For The Surface

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As you can see I have taken a different approach in securing the 1/2" CPVC tubing by using a rubber grommet. Using a Unibit I was able to size the holes slightly small than the OD of the inner grove of the grommet this makes the ID of the grommet slight smaller. This allows the CPVC tube to be very tight within the grommet. The CPVC tubing is sealed and no chance of leaking around the grommets. The 1/8” holes are pointing downward and onto pad within the water box. I installed a top made from a 1/4" cutting board and angled so that the bottom of the front plate will be about 1/2” off of the easy liner for water to escape from under the plate through the Scotch Brite. Some of the photos you will see a ball valve but the finished Miller Table I used a needle and seat valve from Loew's of which will allow for finer adjustment and even out the water flow.

To finish off the Miller Table fine gold recovery system I built a PVC stand with stainless steel all-thread and wing nuts at each corner so I can adjust the level of the table. A 500 GPH 12 volt Attwood was used. I used PVC T fittings that snap over 3/4" PVC pipe so that I can tilt the front or the back of the table to adjust the angle.

Some of you are having trouble locating Easy Liner here is a link to all the vendors who may carry the product. Granted every store may or may not carry the product. EASY LINER VENDORS

This is what your looking for SOLID Solid Easy Liner® - Black | Duck® Brand EASY LINER

If you cannot find it in your area then buy it online from AMAZON

Duck Brand makes many different colors, textures, widths, and lengths of shelve liners, your looking for Easy Liner Ultra Fresh and currently its made in three colors of White, Tan, or Black. Below is what the texture looks like. The surface has a very slight texture to it, its solid and smooth.

EASY LINER.jpg

T225.jpg T224.jpg T223.jpg
T226.jpg T228.jpg T229.jpg
T227.jpg T231.jpg T232.jpg
T219.jpg T217.jpg T218.jpg
T233.jpg T220.jpg T221.jpg
T222.jpg T247.jpg T248.jpg
T250.jpg T251.jpg T265.jpg
T266.jpg T267.jpg T268.jpg

MAKE SURE ONCE ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO TO SWITCH OVER TO 720p TO VIEW THE VIDEOS IN HIGH DEF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rocme44

Sep 4, 2013
AZ, N.CA
Detector(s) used
AT, Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in Yuma for the winter and am going to build one. My son an I plan on using one this summer up north.
I looked in the Atlantic Ave. Walmart and couldn't find the mat.
Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in Yuma for the winter and am going to build one. My son an I plan on using one this summer up north.
I looked in the Atlantic Ave. Walmart and couldn't find the mat.
Thanks for the input.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. The Easy Liner Ultra Fresh was purchased at Walmart in the shelf liner drawer liner area. Amazon has it as well, but it can be purchased at many places like, Kmart, Ace Hardware, etc.

Link to all the location of where Easy Liner can be purchased. DUCKBRAND SHELF LINER

Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh. migawd.
I havent seen a de-burring tool since I left the Machinist industry, NICE!

I got me a roll of that EasyLiner 20 Inches x 4 Feet. Now for the rest of that crap... haha!
I got a blue bowl but its nice to have more toys. (I'll probably have the blue bowl output going onto this before the end of too long.)

Super duper post!

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a hunk of the walmart Ultra Fresh into Lowes and compared to their 2 non-ultra fresh (though still the same basic black looking matt) and what I found:
The wider lowes mat is courser (deeper groves) than ultra fresh.
The narrow lowes is smoother than ultra fresh.
The blue lowes tool box mat is probably the smoothest.

Home Depot has a similar liner, I'll take the hunk in to compare in case that's all people can get.

but I made a little cup to hold my snuffer bottle. Sure works great. That way, you are not looking all over for it. Rock on Keith.
Great idea! Made me think maybe a little cup for a chip brush too.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice looking build Kieth, hope you catch a lot of gold with it.

Jim not sure as to why I built the Miller Table as I have a Blue Bowl recovery system. When I had thought of the Miller Table I was home recovering from my shoulder replacement and it gave me something to do.

T234.jpg T220.jpg

Last edited:

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim not sure as to why I built the Miller Table as I have a Blue Bowl recovery system. When I had thought of the Miller Table I was home recovering from my shoulder replacement and it gave me something to do. Although I believe the Miller Table will be easier and faster to use than the Blue Bow.
Yer gonna run a pile on both and see which works better, right?

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of the common problems with the Blue Bowl was the water valve was installed at the inlet of the bowl. When using a ball or gate valve it creates a half moon affect when adjusting the water flow this allowing a disturbance in water flow. The same can be said using a ball or gate valve to close to the inlet of the water into the Miller Table. The valve I selected to use allows the flow of the water into the spray bar to be undisturbed due to its design, water flows around the cone shape valve 360 degrees within the ID of the pipe. For those using a ball or gate valve it's important to mount the valve a good 18" from where the water is entering the spray bar, by doing so the water between the valve and spray bar has a chance to even out to a constant flow.

In the drawing below shows how the water flows around this type of valve. As the knob is turned the two components come together to close the valve. When open the water flows unrestricted.

Water Valve.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some additional photos. I used small bungee cords to secure the Miller Table to the frame. I also cut out the top diffuser and heated the plastic with a hot air gun to bend the plastic downward. I made a quick run to Lake Havasu. My brother was back in the hospital. Word was it was not good news but my sister-in-law reacted and her reactions were not warranted until we get more information from the doctors.

T235.jpg T236.jpg T237.jpg
T238.jpg T239.jpg T240.jpg

Last edited:

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
plus I need a small tub under the discharge end of the Miller Table to catch all the concentrate.

I just set a pan in the bottom of the tub.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keith I am borrowing a page from your book. I installed my snuffer bottle using a snap-on tee fittings and a 1-1/4" PVC coupling, works like a charm. Thanks for the idea.

T242.jpg

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are very welcome.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After going to half dozen places looking for 1/2" tubing that was somewhat flexible I decided to order 2ft. of Latex Surgical Tubing with 1/2"ID x 3/4"OD in black to connect the pump to the Miller Table. I will give the Miller Table a run next week to see first hand how the matting capture fine gold. I mounted the pump to a piece of 1/4" cutting board material to keep the pump upright within the tub.

T243.jpg T244.jpg

chasindadream

Feb 20, 2014
longview wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
first time commenting here. i am very impressed with your workmanship. well done az .i'm new to prospecting but have made my own recirc. sluise. now I guess it's time to try a miller table. got a feeling it's gonna look a lot like your's thanks for the pics and descriptions.again job well done!!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
about your snuffer bottel holder, years back ,when i was still working i bent up a bunch of alum snuffer bottel holders and passed them out at our clubs last meeting of the year. they held 2 snuffer bottels and one 12oz holder for whatever you wanted tobe held!i i bent a lip on this so that you could hang it from your panning tub. I may make somemore of them whenever i have the time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions