Enjoying February

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yesterday my brother and I headed out we were joined by the friend who first introduced us to panning some 8 years.. The day was great the gold was great everything was good. I walked a way with 4 grams my brother 2.3grams and the other guy I am not sure. All dust couldn't get a picker to save our life.. I felt kinda bad as I picked the spot. oh well. It was nice to have some good company while out prospecting. Most often I am by myself. Well anyway I hope everyone is getting some good gold this year..

Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yahoo......

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a great day on the gold, was you kidding about all dust? Being in Indiana I'd take that dust all day long and be dancing a jig all the way home. I've seen your pan in your video's and would take up a collection for you a new pan if it wasn't for all the gold you pull out and on a regular basis. I guess your like me and it's hard to get rid of something that still works and has got you much gold over the time you've used it, kind of like a connection like an old friend.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL... THAT pan should have to join the screen actor guild it's been in so many of MMs videos! It's like his constant co-star. If these were comedy videos, MM would have to be the funny one and that pan the straight guy. Perfect "Dead pan expression" there. What can I say? If it works ya don't get rid of it. When it stops working you mount it on the wall in a place of honor because it has served so well for so long.

greenerlumber

Mar 4, 2013
Mexico, MO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice work Vic!
Your vids have convinced me to start raising my head and look up a little when on the stream.
All the best gold isn't always in the water. My biggest gold has come from crevicing up high and in some case much higher
than one would ever think. Btw....take from a "Missouri Redneck" and get some duct tape on that pan. It adds character...lol.
Rich.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice little video. It looks like the Ladybugs were having a massive convention the day you were out.

Cool shots of the moss and the gold. That fractured bedrock sure looked inviting for sniping.

That 4 grams of gold looks great in your little aluminum weigh scale container. I have one of those little containers as well. It makes it very easy to pour the gold into a bottle after its been weighed up.

All the best, and thanks for the little movie in the sunshine,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread