Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2cmorau,
I know it would be a drive for you however do you plan to attend? It would be good to have a first hand account of what they try to perpetrate on the public from their "studies"! There is no telling how they will try to twist the their findings to cause more harm to the hills, the state, the people and what they will recommend/shove down our throats and what it has already cost us and could cost us in the near future. It I was not in Texas then I'd go myself!

Thank you for the warning!.................63bkpkr

If you go, ask the FS and the Sierra Fund what they found at the Trinidad Mine just off the Sailor Flat Trail. I saw a group of white suited fellas in masks digging in the old crushing's a few years back. Seems like they dug quite a hole into the tailings so if there was something they should have found it.

Then again from historical "meetings & hearings" maybe we've learned we should not get involved in talking their talk as it has only wasted our time and hurt us.

Last edited:

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need to find out who did the study, were they bought and paid for, were the test results twisted to there advantage like all the other tests they have done?

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need to find out who did the study, were they bought and paid for, were the test results twisted to there advantage like all the other tests they have done?

You know it was bought and paid for. That is a given. They would never entrust a study to an unbiased party of real scientist. They always report just the opposite of what they want reported. Their grade school educated scientist will find what ever Sierra Fund pays them to find. No mystery here. We don't need to be there to know what was found but we do need to know what we need to do to fight them.

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't ask about what is in public drinking water...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Gezzzzz...of coarse they will find asbestos...just idiots.

[h=2]Tremolite Asbestos[/h]Tremolite is an amphibole. Tremolite fibers have been useful for commercial products because they are strong, flexible, heat-resistant, and can be spun and woven into cloth.
tremolite-asbestos1.jpg

[h=3]Uses of Tremolite[/h]Tremolite was used in a variety of commercial and industrial products because of its ability to insulate and fireproof materials. Some of the more common products that contained tremolite included:

• Paints
  • Sealants
  • Insulation
  • Roofing materials
  • Plumbing materials
Tremolite contains calcium, magnesium, silicon, hydrogen and oxygen. The mineral can be brown, gray, white or green and may appear to be transparent.
[h=3]Minerals That Contain Tremolite[/h]Rarely mined on its own, tremolite is often found in large amounts of other minerals such as talc and vermiculite. Researchers found that talc miners and millers are at higher risk for developing lung cancer and other respiratory conditions. When these minerals are used for industrial purposes, exposure to asbestos becomes a concern.
[h=3]Talc[/h]Talc is the softest known mineral on earth and is used for myriad industrial purposes including chalk, paints, rubber, cosmetics, ceramics and pharmaceuticals (for lung function). Most famously, this mineral is used for making talcum powder. Since 1973, U.S. laws require all commercial talcum products to be asbestos-free.
[h=3]Vermiculite[/h]
anthophyllite-asbestos2.jpg

Vermiculite is a mineral that expands when heated, a process called “exfoliation” or “popping." This process forms a light-weight material used for industrial purposes including insulation, packing materials and soil improvement. Because vermiculite can contain large amounts of tremolite, exposure may increase a person’s risk of developing an asbestos-related disease.
This health risk is illustrated by the mining and milling operations in Libby, Montana, one of the United States’ largest sources of vermiculite. The tremolite-contaminated vermiculite at Libby was sold as Zolonite attic insulation, which the EPA estimates could be in millions of American homes. Because more than 70 percent of the vermiculite sold in the United States between 1919 and 1990 came from Libby, professionals recommend treating all vermiculite insulation as if it is contaminated with tremolite.
While some asbestos-containing vermiculite mines have been shut down in recent years, many vermiculite products that contain asbestos are still in use today.
Over the last century, vermiculite has been widely mined and processed worldwide for various construction, industrial and horticultural applications, as it is a superior insulator and filler material that is both lightweight and inexpensive.
[h=4]Vermiculite compounds have been used for the following applications:[/h]
  • Fertilizer carrier
  • Potting soil additive
  • Soil conditioner
  • Attic insulation (loose-fill, commonly sold under the product name Zonolite)
  • Acoustic finishes
  • Spray-on insulation
  • Concrete mixes for swimming pools
  • Stucco
  • Alternative to gypsum wallboard
  • Plasterboard
  • Packaging material (similar to styrofoam peanuts)
  • Fireproofing material
  • Whitewashes

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
[h=3]Uses of Chrysotile[/h]In comparison to amphiboles, chrysotile fibers are generally finer with high flexibility and good heat resistance. Known as the most common asbestos mineral, chrysotile accounts for about 90 to 95 percent of asbestos used in commercial applications in the United States. This toxic mineral has been utilized in a number of products, including:

• Gaskets
  • Cement
  • Insulation
  • Brake pads
  • Brake linings
  • Joint compound
  • Roofing materials

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Only high-density chrysotile products are manufactured and sold today. The unique feature of these products is that the chrysotile fibre is encapsulated in a matrix of cement or resin, preventing the release of fibres. Over 90% of chrysotile used worldwide today is in the manufacture of fibre-cement building and construction materials.
Asbestos uses
Before
Now
Products
Asbestos-cement
Friction
Insulation
Textiles
Low density
Chrysotile-cement
Friction
High density
Fibre types
Chrysotile
Amosite
Crocidolite
Chrysotile
Chrysotile-cement products (C/C)
More than 90% of the world production of chrysotile is used in the manufacture of chrysotile-cement, in the form of pipes, sheets and shingles. These products are used in some sixty industrialized and developing countries. Chrysotile-cement is valued principally for its excellent cost effectiveness and durability. Manufacture of this material requires the import of only small quantities of fibre, the other raw materials being easily available locally. Moreover, the manufacturing technology requires little investment and consumes less energy than production methods for competing products.
bullet_top.gif
Friction materials (F/M)
Because of its natural resistance to heat, chrysotile fibres have been widely used in friction materials. Automobile brake shoes, disk pads, clutches and elevators brakes are common examples of products using chrysotile fibre.
Other products
As reported in several books, chrysotile was used in the manufacturing of some 3000 products. The reality today is simpler, but there is still a significant variety of common-day and industrial uses of chrysotile containing products. For example, chrysotile fibre is used in roof sealants, textiles, plastics, rubbers, door seals for furnaces, high temperature caulking, paper, components for the military and the nuclear industry.
bullet_top.gif

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Hefty1, as always superb data searching/reporting! :notworthy:

And now, on with the show today in Foresthill and highly likely to be yet another sham!.................63bkpkr

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yuuup as always Hefty got the goods, LOL

63 with all the crap going on in my life right now with the neighbors , management , laywerrs, and the Ombudsman, sick part i am not getting return calls or e-mails. just don't have the time right now, huge mistake moving to this great location, going to try and stick it out ( good part the neighbors moved out just a couple of days ago), why does thier have to be an donkeys back side everywhere ya go.

converted my longtom to a highbanker and seems to do well finding flour gold and the little pickers, just the other day running the unit and DFG showed up had a great conversation for about 20 mins. I had no problem talking to him, but i do have a problem talking at a public meeting, go figure
there a lot more i would like to say about our conversation, give me a holler if ya can

7pm meeting tonight, would be nice if we had a showing just half of the people of that one day in sacramento when 300+ opposed sb670
since moving to my new location i have been to two meetings , be nice to have a support group, being brave on your own gets ya beat up, best part hugh oppsition, right now until things calm down in my life i will just stick to writing
hope all is well wish ya and all a little shine in your poke

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting