SECOND CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH ?

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like an ad for the GPAA and equipment dealers. Creeks get low every summer. I don't know who brought out their whole collection but now all my friends expect to see big chunks like that.:dontknow:

Anyone try Lytle Creek?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Citiboy289

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I mentioned I am not a GOLD GUY . We have some pretty strong gold veins up here in Dahlonega, GA

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL... 60 miles from LA.... After an article like that you probably cant even get close to that place now.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Will see

Last time we had a news broadcast like this one the greenies shut down the East Fork San Gabriel (which could only happen with corrupt bought out Judges).

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't they remove the signs from The San Gabriel area there was a thread posted about it? I grew up in N. Riverside County. Lytle Creek was one of the easiest places to go dig. It was a party spot. you could get decent color and find some cool history with a little bit of a walk. There was a good amount of Hydraulic Mining done at the opening of the Canyon near the freeway. The gold in the article looks too rough to be from Lytle Creek. There were some lode mines up in the mountains above the creek and we found and explored some old workings the area was not known for large gold or huge production even back in the day. Another thing...that creek gets bone dry for a good part of the year so the drought is not creating any " new" opportunity whatsoever usual media misinformation...:dontknow:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Our news here is full up to their ears in brown stuff! Honestly, I was there that night when a miner went up into east fork, he said it was a stroke luck he and his friend had in finding that 11.7 gram specimen. I was pretty though, he said it came from, not the river, but from the river canyon walls. Which makes sense. The canyon walls are the ancient river rock and that is where I would look for big gold in east fork. Git the gold:2barsgold:

stevenh

Feb 27, 2013
SoCal
Detector(s) used
PI: Minelab XP-4500, VLH: Garrett AT Pro, Underwater: Tesoro Piranha, PP: Garrett Pin Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL... 60 miles from LA.... After an article like that you probably cant even get close to that place now.

Actually, the joint has been fairly empty. I guess people aren't falling for this perennial claim.

We went just south of the GPAA SB-3 claim and spent 2 hours digging the back side of a massive bolder. We never did hit the clay layer, only finding rocky sand (typical desert stream) 2 feet down. Of course this isn't where gold settles. Many experienced prospectors say that Lytle Creek simply has too much overburden, 100' deep in some cases.

We are going to head back up there with our detectors to see if we can locate some benches or ancient river rock. Seems logical since one mining company pulled 1000 ounces (in a year) out of one hillside, using monitors. Gold is where you (and others) find it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread