Arizona or Bust

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We recently took our first prospecting trip to Arizona from Montana. If I had known just how friendly folks were here on the TN I would have ask more questions before we went to the Stanton, Congress, Prescott, Wickenburg area. Not willing to ask those questions just ended up costing us a futile trip with nothing much more to show than the start of a sun tan. I was so afraid to be doing anything close to prospecting on somebodies claim or private spot that we pretty much just gave up. We did a very short time metal detecting in the Stanton area around but not on the LDMA site ( I am a GPAA member but not a LDMA member ). Did some panning in the Prescott area at Lynx Creek with no success there either. I just figured and wrongly I might add that folks here on the TN wouldn't want to tell any stranger of good places to look for gold. Could be that we being new at this gold prospecting couldn't find any gold that was there or just wasn't looking even in the right areas but was sure Lynx Creek was going to be the high point of our trip. Anyway we did have a good time enjoying the very warm temperatures with visiting the Grand Canyon and heading up to Page, Az then on home. Home to a snow storm that dumped 15 inches of snow the day we arrived home. Maybe next time we will ask more questions of the friendly folks here who seem more than willing to share all their experience with us novice prospectors.

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
yeah, the people here on T-Net are good folks and are almost always willing to help. I've been hunting gold for years and thanks to the people here even this old dog has learned some new tricks.

You might want to look into the FootPrints series of maps before you plan a return trip. Excellent information is held on those disks and they will save you a lot of time. Everything from current claim locations to historical mining locations, geology and hydrology are included. They are "stand alone" in that you don't need to be hooked up to the net to use them. Well worth the price in saved time and overall knowledge. Each set covers a location in depth. I have the set for the Greaterville area and would be lost without it.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, ask around here before you come back down. A lot of us go out together, and invite others to come along. Check out this thread, Az members check in. Before you come next time. A lot of guys go to the areas you went to and are successful.Still not wasted since you had fun and or enjoyed your self.

Last edited:

Rick D.

Feb 22, 2014
Alsea, Or
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi I just found this site and checking things out. Sorry to here you didn't find any thing in Stanton. If you go next year to Stanton you my want to join the weaver group there in Congress Az. they are real nice people there and there is some nice gold on there claims there at Stanton. If you are only a GPAA member I think they will let you dry camp only at Stanton LDMA camp. But there are some places just past the Stanton camp that you can dry camp on BLM property. The membership for the weaver group was $70.00 a year. Any way hope this help out. My your pans be filled with gold. Hope to see you down there next year, will be there at Stanton from Nov 1st to March look us up if you are there. Rick & Terri Denton Alsea, Or. (541) 486-4094 home phone. We will be all over Oregon this summer from Burnt River LDMA camp to South eastern Oregon for Sunstones. Good luck hunting.

OP
OP
team sidewinder

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the input folks. Hey RickD thanks for the info that could very well be the time we may be down next year.

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an 80 acre claim South of Prescott that I have submitted a POO for. Been at it back and forth with the Forestry Service for quite sometime. I'm not in a hurry to start the op as I'm still looking for investors but there is SO much gold on the claim however small to warrant further investigation. At this point I have filed for a CE and should be getting it soon. I am going out in a couple of weeks to mark the road out for ingress and egress. Anyone want to meet me out there and do some prospecting let me know in advance as you are welcome. The 100TPH across the Hassayampa failed as they were set up for Klondike gold catching...not small stuff like we have on my claim. I'm trying to find a business partner to help me fabricate small trommels and such for resale to the public. I'm a Mechanical Engineer with 30 years of mining experience that will design the equipment. I know what works and what doesn't. Everything on the market is way over priced but is selling which means there is a good market for it. I have developed a "dry" system unlike anything on the market so if your interested send me an email to [email protected]
I want to establish my small fab shop and residence in Prescott where my family and I are going to move to end of this year. My wife is a Gero Nurse Practioner so I don't think she should have a problem finding a job. Take all and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread