SoCal student researching the droughts effect on placer mining. Locations?

CsunStudent

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SoCal student researching the drought's effect on placer mining. Locations?

California State University, Northridge student looking for placer mining locations that have benefited- increased yields or convenience - from the drought. Specifically places with reduced water levels. Know of the San Gabriel River's east fork, but that is it. What days would prospecting be the heaviest and warrant a visit?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CsunStudent

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will go tomorrow and try to make it to Camp Savage. Putting off San Bernardino indefinitely. Was told by Patrick Keene of Keene Engineering that I should stick to the San Gabriel River.
Found directions to the Gulch- "easiest path to the mine is to take the Heaton Flats trail on the East Fork." Please let me know if correct. Thanks again for your responses.

Hoshnasi

May 2, 2011
Cerritos, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will go tomorrow and try to make it to Camp Savage. Putting off San Bernardino indefinitely. Was told by Patrick Keene of Keene Engineering that I should stick to the San Gabriel River.
Found directions to the Gulch- "easiest path to the mine is to take the Heaton Flats trail on the East Fork." Please let me know if correct. Thanks again for your responses.

Not to resurrect an old post, but did we ever hear back from CsunStudent?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions