Bad News Follows Me Again

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went to see my shoulder surgeon for a follow up. After giving my shoulder a complete workout he said I am good to go. Then I showed him my surgical replaced knee that I fell on 7 weeks ago. He is very concern due to the fluid in the knee and infection that could arise in the replaced joint. He ordered X-rays and the X-rays confirmed what he expected. I broke off the Patella (knee cap) so I am now having surgery April 18th. I am beginning to think this rough and tumble guy is not so tough anymore.

Upvote 0

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have the technology...

original.jpg

Man, that's some hard luck. Imagine how fast you can shovel once your bionic knee is installed! :)

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy.. sorry to here that Az. Will your surgery be another full replacement or more of a repair of the current unit?
My wife had her knee replaced a year ago November and she is doing great since then, well, after the 6-8 weeks of rehab.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL, not laughing at ya, with ya buddie
37 years as a glazier the last 13, commercial highrise, swingstage, scaffle, mastlift, hauling glass and metal, welding, the injurys or the simple wear and tear, now takess me about an hour to get started in the mornings

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I feel for ya AZ. All those things that we did/happened to us when we were younger...and we said "That didn't hurt"...now it does and it don't go away. Get some dirt so ya got something to do while you are "supposed" to be resting. Oh...and get another set of keys and stash them somewhere:laughing7:

Dak

May 26, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter XL 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear of your misfortune AZ Viper. Will this involve replacing the entire knee joint again? Or just the part you tweeked?
Celebrating my 1 year birthday party for my knee replacement today. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about your medical problems Viper. Hang in there and I'll say a prayer for your quick recovery.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that and hope you back well soon, I know about health problems as mine started way too early in my years.

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Cube, Royal Mini Highbanker, Angus Mackirk sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear that and OUCH! I am 53 and starting to feel the aches myself specifically knees. Hang in there

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear about your medical problems Viper. Hang in there and I'll say a prayer for your quick recovery.

Thanks Terry and everyone else. I knew I had screwed up the knee when the fluid in the knee never retreated. By late afternoon each day my knee was the size of a very large cantaloupe. Been wearing a neoprene knee sock just to get through each day at work. Yeah work is not going to be to happy with having been out for 6 weeks and now this. Surgeon says the trauma to the kneecap area will be minimal and nothing like a total knee replacement that I got in 2009. Hope you all have a great summer prospecting and finding gold, watch for rattlers as they are out. Hell I just got a new coil for the GBP and now its going to sit. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Terry and everyone else. I knew I had screwed up the knee when the fluid in the knee never retreated. By late afternoon each day my knee was the size of a very large cantaloupe. Been wearing a neoprene knee sock just to get through each day at work. Yeah work is not going to be to happy with having been out for 6 weeks and now this. Surgeon says the trauma to the kneecap area will be minimal and nothing like a total knee replacement that I got in 2009. Hope you all have a great summer prospecting and finding gold, watch for rattlers as they are out. Hell I just got a new coil for the GBP and now its going to sit. :thumbsup:

That's nasty news for you, especially since you just got a new coil!

It's not the age. It's the mileage you've put on that's getting to you.

Good luck with the surgery and with your recovery.

All the best,

Lanny

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AZV 30+ years of construction hasn't helped me either. Take your recovery seriously though and make sure your healed well so that you can continue mining for a long time afterwards. Also I suggest you don't tell anyone that is under thirty about everything that happens to you as you age. They won't believe you......

Take Care

Goldenmojo

keitha43

Jun 14, 2013
Moore, Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hear ya. Every time I go to a restaurant and see a menu I am reminded I qualify for the senior discount in a few months. Makes me feel old. You are still way tougher than me.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man Keith that sucks! Guys like us have a hard time dealing with getting older. Our minds say we are twenty something but our bodys disagree with us and have the power to prove it. Now I just tell my kids I can do everything I could do 30 years ago it just takes me longer. Hope you have a fast recovery and use that recovery time to come up with more inovations.

Good Luck Buddy!

BH Prospector

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mojo said it best to take your recovery slow and serious, these things take a good year of healing and rehab before you go charging hard again to move rocks and dirt. I'm sorry about your situation and wish you the best. I have a rotator cuff that feels like its full of 1/4" classified iron stone so my time is coming.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The day I realized I was getting old was the day I found that my memories out numbered my abilities. Good luck and a speedy recovery AZ :thumbsup:
Very poetic Jeff, I like that one

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
AZ, like everyone elses comments,im sorry to hear of your BooBoo to your knee! Welcome to the club of old gezzers! ive been putting off doing anymore repair work to my ole woreout bod,but that knee needs attention as you are doing!goodluck and a speedy recovery!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread