Not sure where to go?

Xflosive

Mar 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I am looking to take a trip this summer and am not sure where i should go to do some recreational prospecting. I live around Minneapolis, MN. I am looking into possibly the north shore of lake superior. Not sure if i should try creeks or rivers running into it or actually on the shore it self. Also a possibility is the upper peninsula of Michigan. Again not sure where to start there but know there has been findings there also. Then there is the black hills ND. I am not looking to "Strike it rich" but would like to actually have a chance of finding gold. Let me know what you think and any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Think about getting involved with GPAA and hunting one of their proven sites. That's if your looking for gold.

If you are hunting copper, or geode's the answer is different.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Always avoid the term "recreational miner/prospector". Use the term small scale mining or simply prospecting. The "R" word is destroying the right to mine the public lands open to mineral exploration. Do some research/search "glacial gold in and around the Great Lakes".

Bejay

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Xflosive and welcome to the net.
Bejay is right about the "R" word. I an the President of the GPAA chapter here in the Black Hills. We have four claims here that you can prospect on if you are a GPAA member. There are GPAA chapters in Minnesota you could join. I know they make yearly trips out here to mine on the claims. Maybe you could plan your trip around theirs and then learn from them. If I can help in any way drop me a PM.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Xflosive and welcome to the net.
Bejay is right about the "R" word. I an the President of the GPAA chapter here in the Black Hills. We have four claims here that you can prospect on if you are a GPAA member. There are GPAA chapters in Minnesota you could join. I know they make yearly trips out here to mine on the claims. Maybe you could plan your trip around theirs and then learn from them. If I can help in any way drop me a PM.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

Wow! I'd take him up on that offer Xflosive. That way you might have a real shot at something besides flour gold.

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread