UP DATE---A Real Gold Mining Oportunity...first posted Mar. 12, 2014

Professional Miner

Nov 18, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had some real good responses for full time employees at our two placer gold locations, one in Oregon and one in Arizona. We could still use a couple more workers for the mines.... but would need you to be signed up by April 5th. An orientation meeting is tentively set April 24 and 25, 2014 in Las Vegas to coincide with the GPAA show there starting on April 26. We are assisting the accepted and committed workers with travel, food and lodging cost and arrangements. This is where we will go over all the arrangements for work, lodging, time off, safety and so forth...

One important employment position we do need to fill, if someone out there has the experience, and wants to be part of a great gold mining experience...that is a full time cook.

We are supplying the housing, real good base wages, plus bonuses and incentives and need someone, an experienced cook to provide a hearty morning meal, (probably buffet style) simple sandwich and chip lunches and a serious dinner meal.... 6 days a week...the mine will be in operation 7 days, but everyone employed will have at least 1 day off...including the cook...

Thanks for all the responses so far...looking forward to lots of fun and lots of money for all and working with those who have taken the step to better themselves...

Professional Miner

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ah, I'm glad to see you remembered the most important member of your team. In our group the cook gets a full share and all the free assistance they need. A crew travels on their stomach and without a full kitchen in place nobody works. Basic rules to a happy healthy camp. :thumbsup:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PM, I know a young fellow (23) who is one hellofa cook, plus
he's one tough hombre when it comes to getting work done.

I've sent him a message, and will put him in contact with you
if he has interest. At the moment he's cooking at a 4-Star
restaurant here in WA., but no doubt he would love the
challenge of the mines.

OP
OP
P

Professional Miner

Nov 18, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks CD for your comments.....

We just haven't had anyone really qualified to inquire with us yet.... but we are hopeful someone will soon... We have a back up plan if we do not get someone employed soon....

We do have a great crew set up so far... I'd like a couple more good qualified people to work at the mines to allow us some extra run time each day, beyond what we current have set up as a work schedule, without working everyone into the ground....plus to make it easier to cover illness, injuries and personal time off...

Thanks again,

Professional Miner

OP
OP
P

Professional Miner

Nov 18, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dizzy....

That is nice of you to make such an offer.

Just ask him to send me a PM if he is interested.

Professional Miner

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm an Executive Chef........wish I could move the whole family...My wife has a great job that gets our benefits...I have way to many things just starting to get their roots or I would be all over it. I hope you find your man.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm a trained diesel mechanic, excellent cook, dredger, master sheet metal worker, hard worker, nose for finding gold...to bad I have a 10oz/mo goal dredging this year! I know I could swing my wife to let me go maybe...well with a newborn maybe not!

OP
OP
P

Professional Miner

Nov 18, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Omnicorn...

Just a thought... your dredging is a goal that may or may not become real....and I certainly hope you make it....However, what we offer is for sure.

Professional Miner

OP
OP
P

Professional Miner

Nov 18, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Goldwasher...

You are similar to what we seek, but also understand your situation.... we are also offering benefits....but it very hard to break roots...

Professional Miner

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure wish I'd seen this post two months ago! Wife & I are hitting the road West next month (RV) to visit old friends, meet face to face with others I've known on the web for 17+ years, and mine-dredge-sluice-metal detect claims folks have invited us to.
After a brief chat with the wife she said she'd love to cook for a small mining crew while I was part of the crew!

We are looking to find something different to do since our kids are grown and out of the house. This summer we'll be looking for opportunities in mining for the future. I'm hoping to find-buy-lease a decent claim for our own operation but this sounds like a great learning experience for folks in our position in life!

Prof.Miner, I'd like to know more in case we rethink our plans and in case you have issues with turnover!

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure wish I'd seen this post two months ago! Wife & I are hitting the road West next month (RV) to visit old friends, meet face to face with others I've known on the web for 17+ years, and mine-dredge-sluice-metal detect claims folks have invited us to.
After a brief chat with the wife she said she'd love to cook for a small mining crew while I was part of the crew!

We are looking to find something different to do since our kids are grown and out of the house. This summer we'll be looking for opportunities in mining for the future. I'm hoping to find-buy-lease a decent claim for our own operation but this sounds like a great learning experience for folks in our position in life!

Prof.Miner, I'd like to know more in case we rethink our plans and in case you have issues with turnover!

OP
OP
P

Professional Miner

Nov 18, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Madjack...

Thanks for the comments...sounds like you have a great trip planned. If you would like more info....send me a PM with contact info and I'll get back with you...

Thanks,

Professional Miner

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I could come cook for you, and I do have a bunch of placer mining experience, but if keeping the crew alive, or at least contented with the cooking is a priority, I'll have to bow out on this one. And, I'd hate to be the cause of a major mutiny in the middle of nowhere.

Good luck as you keep your search alive for the perfect cook, and I too hope you'll cut the cook in for a share of the gold as nothing's more important than a good cook. Napoleon used to say that "An army marches on its stomach", and I know that gold miners are much happier if they're well fed as the privations of living in a mining camp can be daunting at times.

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep this time if year it's great...I avoid it like hell in the summer tho

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How long do you need a cook for? And would you be needing one next year? This year I am finishing school for my culinary arts degree. I am the top of my original class. I am currently a head catering chef. If the position is open next year I would like a shot, this year I am finishing school and getting married in July.

OP
OP
P

Professional Miner

Nov 18, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right Hefty...

That's why we have 2 projects for year round work.... One in Oregon ..Spring, Summer and Fall...and AZ in Fall, Winter and spring...

We don't like the heat or the cold...

Professional Miner...

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right Hefty...

That's why we have 2 projects for year round work.... One in Oregon ..Spring, Summer and Fall...and AZ in Fall, Winter and spring...

We don't like the heat or the cold...

Professional Miner...

That changes everything! Wife & I are very interested, but won't make any commitment until information arrives. When are you sending out info packets?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread