Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Going along to get along". That really set me back last year. I took the 16 USC 6802 and passed it out in my community and handed copies to many individuals who basically ended up saying the same thing. The most common comment was: " WHY WOULD I NOT PAY AND END UP HAVING TO GO INTO A COURT AND DEFEND MYSELF WHEN AND IF I RECEIVED A CITATION"......"EASIER TO JUST PAY THE FEE".

And we ask ourselves lately: "what has become of this country? ".

Bejay

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clay, Bejay and others, I really appreciate the hard earned wisdom you share on these many public land issue. For we who still pull the plow every day at our jobs (leave home at 5:30 AM, get home at 5:45 PM) and family obligations once we get home, your shortening of the learning curve is a blessing.

It's a darn shame, the agencies which were established and the workers hired to help the public both utilize and protect public resources have often become our adversaries. Cutting to the chase through all the various laws, regulations, courts and agencies is truly daunting for the average person. Just this law referenced above about not having to pay these pass fees really is a big deal. There is power and freedom in knowledge.

Thank you,
Mike

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To charge a fee there are many requirements-must provide toilets,water and trash removal also. They "must" provide to charge for camping. That's why the BLM sites along the trinity can charge a minimal fee($12 last time I stayed) as all of the above was provided included with a resident host. BUT been years since the RV Association folks beat them in court. John

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes John, you're right about the fee for camping along the Trinity River in "formal" campgrounds. We stayed at Big Flat last summer paying the required fee. I probably should have gotten a discount though, as the water system was not working. Just had to drink a fee beers. Dang!

Mike

Teenagegoldminer

Jan 28, 2014
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett gold panning kit
Jobe 36 in drop riffle sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
we dont have federal lands in georgia but i would just park on the side of the road in front of the parking lot :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread