Claim owners detained by F and W - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Claim owners detained by F and W

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12010 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    I'm confused. We these miners dredging in a river or creek?
    I'm interested in what they were doing also? You guys that know them and are posting.....what were they doing? B.L.M or F.S. land? I know in a few of the southern Motherlode counties the district ranger is asking ( illegally) for N.O.I. and P.O.O. for any in stream mining.Can't wait to hear the details
    ALewis and Aufisher like this.

Feb 2013
    249 times
    Terry and GW

They were mining in a stream

The claim is in the forest. We have had so much dealing with the FS they know to call F and W to address anything with claims. The Forest agent did request that they meet and get a NOI. The claim owners told the FS the claim owners decide if and when they would need an NOI

At this time an investigation by local agencies is underway. It will take a few months to get everything bullet proof.

The Sheriff in Fresno is an elected Sheriff and a member of the consititional sheriffs

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12010 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thank You I figured that was the situation. Good that the claim owners know what they are doing
    russau and Aufisher like this.

us
    Dec 2010
    1472 times
    Take the individuals, CDFW agents for interferring with a mining claim. Not the agency.

Who packed the equip, out?
    russau and Aufisher like this.

Feb 2013
    249 times
    The Fish and Wildlife agents. carried it out. The claim owners took pictures.
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Dec 2010
    1472 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dredgeman View Post
    The Fish and Wildlife agents. carried it out. The claim owners took pictures.
    Hope they got names of each person involved.

us
    Prepper

Feb 2013
    Idaho
    Rock Nose and sniffer belly
    346 times
    Prospecting
    It may be just because I'm from Idaho but things will go down differently here....
    rodoconnor likes this.
    I build my own Cuz yours isn't good enough

May 2012
    nevada
    1526 times
    That's exactly what they said in Oregon. How many threatened lawsuits have you filed - just sayin.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    12010 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I think he means he would have used force to prevent he L.E.O.S from taking his gear. I think a huge showing at the hearings is whats needed. ICMJ should be blowing this up and should have a notice in the next issue but, its probably being printed already. I want to know what industry folks on the commercial side will show up. and what they would do if we all can't fit in the room.

us
    Feb 2012
    Prather CA
    Whites GMT
    3351 times
    Finding GOLD
    There are pictures on the AMRA facebook site, right side, open the comments. It is doubtful anyone could respond any differently, they were under observation for several hours, approached while diver was under and tender was pitching cobbles. Forest service LEO had been in their camp, knew exactly where their sidearms were, and there was no opportunity to respond. Maybe in Idaho you post a armed guard.
    "The most inspiring thing about gold, is not the value, but under magnification, the true beauty of each piece. They are truly like snowflakes that never melt." Oakview2 Fly EAGLE Fly......

Feb 2013
    249 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hefty1 View Post
    Hope they got names of each person involved.
    Yes the claim owners have everyones name. Most of us have dealt with the same agents over and over.

us
    Dec 2010
    1472 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dredgeman View Post
    Yes the claim owners have everyones name. Most of us have dealt with the same agents over and over.
    Those are the ones that need to be charged with interferring with a mining claim,let them feel the pain of hireing a lawyer,going to court without the backing of the agency,having to take time from work and family.

Title 18, sec, 241,242
    Fullpan, Goodyguy and Aufisher like this.

us
    Prepper

Feb 2013
    Idaho
    Rock Nose and sniffer belly
    346 times
    Prospecting
    Sorry, I didn't delve into it too much. What I meant is they wouldn't have taken my stuff. The EPA and the BLM have been trying to interfere with dredging here and a huge protest and dredging day has been planned for July here on the salmon river near Riggins. I'm still not a dredger but I support them fully. When I'm out mining I am always armed and so are most of the people who mine out there. Fish and game approached me last year and asked me for my name and paperwork. I told him no and asked him if that's his job description he said no but they cooperate with the EPA and I told him I wasn't hunting or fishing and to buzz off. He did and without even getting my name. He wasn't happy about it but there wasn't anything he could do. I'm sure he has my name now because of my plates on my truck but oh well. I'm stressing to people out there all the time the need to keep conversations with any authority to the bare minimum. IE; Have I committed a crime? Do you suspect me of committing a crime that you're investigating? If the answer is no then you clam up. Don't give them any more info and go on about your business. Everything you say can and will be used against you.
    I build my own Cuz yours isn't good enough

Feb 2013
    249 times
    First hearing is in Sept

The claim owners are talking with lawyers about getting it into federal court.

Usually the DA in our area will dismiss before the actual court
    Fullpan likes this.

us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    6155 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    Any idea if their gear has been returned yet? If not, that could be taken as preventing them from working their claim which we all know is against the law. What are they supposed to do? Sit on their thumbs until after the hearing?

They should really work to get it into federal court. If we are lucky the state boys will get a good smack down by the judge and will lay off miners for good. At the very least they should be fired.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/
    The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links