Claim owners detained by F and W

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the Fresno area a couple of small scale miners are being detained by the fish and game tonight.

They have requested the Sheriffs to come up and represent them at citizens of Fresno County.

The small scale miners are maintaining F and W have no jurisidiction on an actual mining claim.

Updates as they become available.

This will start happening a lot more now that the agencies think they have the regs locked down.

Upvote 0

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It may be just because I'm from Idaho but things will go down differently here....

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's exactly what they said in Oregon. How many threatened lawsuits have you filed - just sayin.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he means he would have used force to prevent he L.E.O.S from taking his gear. I think a huge showing at the hearings is whats needed. ICMJ should be blowing this up and should have a notice in the next issue but, its probably being printed already. I want to know what industry folks on the commercial side will show up. and what they would do if we all can't fit in the room.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
There are pictures on the AMRA facebook site, right side, open the comments. It is doubtful anyone could respond any differently, they were under observation for several hours, approached while diver was under and tender was pitching cobbles. Forest service LEO had been in their camp, knew exactly where their sidearms were, and there was no opportunity to respond. Maybe in Idaho you post a armed guard.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Yes the claim owners have everyones name. Most of us have dealt with the same agents over and over.

Those are the ones that need to be charged with interferring with a mining claim,let them feel the pain of hireing a lawyer,going to court without the backing of the agency,having to take time from work and family.

Title 18, sec, 241,242

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry, I didn't delve into it too much. What I meant is they wouldn't have taken my stuff. The EPA and the BLM have been trying to interfere with dredging here and a huge protest and dredging day has been planned for July here on the salmon river near Riggins. I'm still not a dredger but I support them fully. When I'm out mining I am always armed and so are most of the people who mine out there. Fish and game approached me last year and asked me for my name and paperwork. I told him no and asked him if that's his job description he said no but they cooperate with the EPA and I told him I wasn't hunting or fishing and to buzz off. He did and without even getting my name. He wasn't happy about it but there wasn't anything he could do. I'm sure he has my name now because of my plates on my truck but oh well. I'm stressing to people out there all the time the need to keep conversations with any authority to the bare minimum. IE; Have I committed a crime? Do you suspect me of committing a crime that you're investigating? If the answer is no then you clam up. Don't give them any more info and go on about your business. Everything you say can and will be used against you.

OP
OP
D

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First hearing is in Sept

The claim owners are talking with lawyers about getting it into federal court.

Usually the DA in our area will dismiss before the actual court

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Any idea if their gear has been returned yet? If not, that could be taken as preventing them from working their claim which we all know is against the law. What are they supposed to do? Sit on their thumbs until after the hearing?

They should really work to get it into federal court. If we are lucky the state boys will get a good smack down by the judge and will lay off miners for good. At the very least they should be fired.

OP
OP
D

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equipment will be held until the conclusion of court.

The last guy got his equipment back after two years and a letter from the court.

OP
OP
D

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since everyone except the non profits has been footing their own bill. I have to surmise that :BangHead:only non profits can use the payment scheme.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sure would have been nice to know what the citation was for? EXACTLY ! And what jurisdictional court/hearings process would field the complaint !

Assumptions tend to make things ambiguous.

Bejay

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know if the court date is for the citation recieved & if so have they filed charges for interfering with a Fed, mining claim & if not why not?

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Charge dredging without a permit, cited by California Fish and Game, had the officer write specifically dredging on their federal mining claimo.Rumor has it that they are meeting with AMRA's attorney in a attempt to get this into a federal court. Individuals have been meeting with their constitutional sheriff, Margaret Mimms. It was in these meetings that she agreed that they had a constiutional right to mine their claims, and that if they were hassled, that they were to call her office asap. Unfortunately she was at a conference, so they met with her top lieutenant and he has assured them that this will be resolved. Both the forrest service LEO and Fish and game were told point blank, if the directive is issued, their offices would be notified, and if they harassed miners, they would be arrested. We shall see...

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"We shall see said the blind man who picked up a hammer and began to saw". :laughing7:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"We shall see said the blind man who picked up a hammer and began to saw". :laughing7:
he was of course speaking to his deaf wife as his crippled children ran up and down the stairs...

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
I know there has been some mention of firearms at camp but not in these miners possession. At the risk of being considered a hijacker I'll pose a question I'm having a hard time getting an answer For. Is it legal to open carry in "the woods or wilderness" of Ca. ? I live within 5 miles of the Ca. Nv. Border and cross over it often when in the woods. It seems as though carrying a loaded or unloaded firearm in the open is illegal.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
legal on federal land for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions