Gold Fever!

jeffbealbrews

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2014
Somerset, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, Garret Pro Pointer, Keene 48" sluice, Bazooka Gold Trap Sniper 24" and Bazooka Gold Trap prospector 48"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all my names Jeff and I am addicted to gold! Everything gold at this point from, using my metal detector, to basic panning a sample pan on a local creek. I got hooked watching Discovery channel gold shows and though geez I live in the Motherload. I live only about 7 minutes walking distance from a river and voila got started, bought a used sluice box on craigslist went to a great local hardware store and bought a pan and then loaded up on youtube panning and sluicing techniques videos, gotta love the web for just a wealth of information. The picture I post is my gold take so far, not much but I also feel I have a lot to learn still. Thanks for reading Cheers!

Attachments

• gold1.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
Upvote 0

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome, Good looking gold. I caught the fever recently too. Just wish I lived as close to the gold as you do.

OP
OP
J

jeffbealbrews

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2014
Somerset, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, Garret Pro Pointer, Keene 48" sluice, Bazooka Gold Trap Sniper 24" and Bazooka Gold Trap prospector 48"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.S. My lovely wifey is pretty darn hooked as well, she's my crevicing and detail expert. Also pretty handy with a pan!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great start...and great wife too!

OP
OP
J

jeffbealbrews

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2014
Somerset, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in an area of old tailings, check out this photo, I sure wish I had the minelabs you've got I am convinced they didnt get every piece.

Attachments

• tailings2.JPG
    tailings2.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 227

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold your in a good area...The Consumnes if you have access is sweet. Have you tried the Grizzly Flat area?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You don't need a Minelab to find gold with a detector. The Minelab pulse machines excel where the bedrock is too hot for VLF's. So, check the bedrock with a VLF and see if it runs OK. If it does, get swinging a coil.

The Gold Bug Pro is having a lot of success; see if you can borrow or rent one for a bit, or have a friend that's got one check that bedrock for you.

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They didn't get it all and neither will we.......But a sledgehammer test on the bedrock would be cool.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ! it looks like the Motherload in that pan already :headbang:

Welcome

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a pretty nice start . :icon_thumright: My start didn't go nothing like that . I'da been dancing in the street with that .

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold Jeff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread