Auburn State Recreational Area? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Auburn State Recreational Area?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11983 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    the hands and pans restrictions were dropped.
    GoldenNerd and Jimmydolittle like this.

Apr 2014
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    the hands and pans restrictions were dropped.
    I just called them to confirm because I couldn't find anything online (all of their websites and such are out of date.)

Shovels, picks and such are all okay. No displacing large rocks. Try to leave things as you find them.
    Allowed to work the gravel-bars only. Sluices okay so long as they're running gravel-bars and not taking from the surrounding areas and putting into the rivers.
    No metal detecting west of 49 is still in place but no other restrictions .
    No taking of historical artifacts.

I didn't ask about highbanking or drywashing. Oops. (530) 885-4527 then '0' to get the front desk if you want to know.

Thanks for letting us know @Goldwasher!
    SchoolOfHardRocks and ALewis like this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2987 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenNerd View Post
    I just called them to confirm because I couldn't find anything online (all of their websites and such are out of date.)

Shovels, picks and such are all okay. No displacing large rocks. Try to leave things as you find them.
    Allowed to work the gravel-bars only. Sluices okay so long as they're running gravel-bars and not taking from the surrounding areas and putting into the rivers.
    No metal detecting west of 49 is still in place but no other restrictions .
    No taking of historical artifacts.

I didn't ask about highbanking or drywashing. Oops. (530) 885-4527 then '0' to get the front desk if you want to know.

Thanks for letting us know @Goldwasher!
    Thanks to you both for info.

us
    Prospector

Apr 2014
    Modesto, CA
    839 times
    Prospecting
    Sweet, Thanks for the information!

Don't think i'm going to get some bear spray just yet, hopefully my shovel will keep the bears at bay. I have high hopes for Sunday, gonna try out the Pennyweight trail area
    ALewis likes this.

us
    **5th Gen

Apr 2014
    Gold Country - California
    -Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
    732 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by SchoolOfHardRocks View Post
    Sweet, Thanks for the information! Don't think i'm going to get some bear spray just yet, hopefully my shovel will keep the bears at bay. I have high hopes for Sunday, gonna try out the Pennyweight trail area
    ..you may come across some of my holes/crevicing work. . Enjoy it out there
    :: 5th Gen Gold Miner ::
    :: You will never come to realize that you were 2" from the best find, you never found ::

Here to listen much, ask questions and offer assistance

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6666 times
    Before entering go to the main office on Hi-Way 49 over the hill outta Auburn and get the regs in WRITING so no hastles and carry when mining there as newbie rangers ignorant in the rules will hastle ya-John

us
    Jul 2011
    169 times
    Don't worry about the bears, just the rattlers. They like to hide in your secret glory hole.
    rodoconnor likes this.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6666 times
    Plenty of them there BUT it's them biting worms that'll get ya as them babies are very small and give ya their all as ignorant in the ways of venom injection doses to kill-John
    goldenmojo likes this.

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4708 times
    Prospecting
    Didn't see any rattlers today but did see ASRA left a warning note instead of a ticket on someones window. They once called me off of my pan to move my vehicle instead of ticketing me which was rather descent of them. Park at your own peril......
    Hangtowndiggins likes this.

us
    **5th Gen

Apr 2014
    -Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
    732 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenmojo View Post
    Didn't see any rattlers today but did see ASRA left a warning note instead of a ticket on someones window. They once called me off of my pan to move my vehicle instead of ticketing me which was rather descent of them. Park at your own peril......
    ..where were you almost ticketed?
    :: You will never come to realize that you were 2" from the best find, you never found ::

us
    Jul 2011
    169 times
    There is usually a parking fee for overnight, not sure about just a day fee. If so just pay and they stay away, hopefully. That area will always give up some gold. You can't go wrong.

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4708 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldProspector View Post
    ..where were you almost ticketed?
    I was at Yankee Jim's. They seem to go a little easier there than at Mineral Bar. $10.00 to park daytime to sunset. No overnight parking.
    Last edited by goldenmojo; Jun 01, 2014 at 05:43 PM.
    ALewis likes this.

us
    **5th Gen

Apr 2014
    732 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenmojo View Post
    I was at Yankee Jim's. They seem to go a little easier there than at Mineral Bar. $10.00 to park daytime to sunset. No overnight parking.
    ..yesyes

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6666 times
    Only time a fee can be charged BY LAW is when the following is provided-picnic tables,trash cans,toilet then charges are legal-all else bs-John

us
    Prospector

Apr 2014
    Modesto, CA
    839 times
    Prospecting
    Did pretty good yesterday, initially wasted a little time digging a waiste deep hole on a gravel bar with some nice watermelon sized rocks all over the place- yet found little gold for the effort.

I moved upstream to the next inside corner and did pretty well working the crevices there. Met a fellow prospector who told me where to find the gold there and even helped me position my sluice!

Had a great time for my first river experience ( i normally work smaller creeks ). The hike up/ down pennyweight trail with all of my gear was perilous but I'm definitely up for the challenge again!

If anyone is down to hit the river this weekend let me know, maybe we can meet at the trailhead??
    ALewis likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links