How long to run a sluice?

Sluiceguy42

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First post! :hello:
I was at a GPAA gold show last year and during one of the lectures the speaker said that gold travels down a sluice box around 1 inch per minute. But on some older threads here on TreasuerNet it seems I can run my sluice all week without doing a cleanout. Not sure I should cleanout my sluice every 30 minutes or once a day :dontknow:. Any advice would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go. Around Lincoln city these are used. FOSSICKERS.COM - Cleangold Sluices - Micro Gold, Mercury Free
Beach sluice. Nesika beach has a lot of black sand. Lack of water flow is the main problem.

The clean gold beach sluice, I remember those guys. The gold is caught in the magnetite that is trapped in the sluice by magnets running under the box. It's a simple design that works good. Many of us have been using magnets under our metal sluices for many years. I'm glad to see that they are still in business after the fallout from years past on their patent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread