Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jun 2014
    Lubbock Texas
    7 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Starting a Local Chapter for Gold Prospecting ???'s

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask. I am a GPAA Life Member and LDMA Member. I live in Lubbock Tx no prospecting for gold here however being so close to New Mexico I have been now frequenting that area quite a bit. I was thinking of possibly starting a gold prospecting chapter here since there is not one close. GPAA sent me details on starting a chapter but the question I have is my family and I are the only ones I personally know doing prospecting. With 200000 plus people being here and being a college town I am sure there are others that have interest. So what way would you suggest getting the word out about starting a club I guess thats my biggest road block right now approaching this the correct way. Since there is no local places to prospect it would need to be people willing to travel a little ways to prospect. Or at least be willing to learn at classes held by the club.

Any suggestions is much appreciated......

Thanks
    Rodney....
    AKA Gunlocators.....
    W3LDR

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    5704 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by gunlocators View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask. I am a GPAA Life Member and LDMA Member. I live in Lubbock Tx no prospecting for gold here however being so close to New Mexico I have been now frequenting that area quite a bit. I was thinking of possibly starting a gold prospecting chapter here since there is not one close. GPAA sent me details on starting a chapter but the question I have is my family and I are the only ones I personally know doing prospecting. With 200000 plus people being here and being a college town I am sure there are others that have interest. So what way would you suggest getting the word out about starting a club I guess thats my biggest road block right now approaching this the correct way. Since there is no local places to prospect it would need to be people willing to travel a little ways to prospect. Or at least be willing to learn at classes held by the club.
    Any suggestions is much appreciated......
    ThanksRodney....AKA Gunlocators.....W3LDR
    Howdy Rodney, and welcome to the site..

A club is a great idea, but to be honest not many are pleased
    with the new ownership of the GPAA. If you were to start an
    independent club I think you might find more experienced
    prospectors would be interested.

No doubt it's a lot of hard work, not only finding new members,
    but also finding claims to work, etc. Only way to know if it will
    fly is to give it a go!
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links