Desert Gold

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• rocks 048.jpg
    rocks 048.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 139
  • rocks 051.jpg
    rocks 051.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 154
  • rocks A020.jpg
    rocks A020.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 161
  • azgoldmeteorite.jpg
    azgoldmeteorite.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 155

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks John! Although I have been a few places in my life, I have never seen a Barrel Cactus and don't think I have ever seen one in pics before and from the pics #1 and #2, they look like Clay Pots. LOL!! I think I can see some of the codes now in pic #2 but I am sure that I am missing many more. Also, I now see the horse face in pic #3 and should have seen it before. But dang, there sure appears to be a weird looking head with eyes, nose and smiley mouth just below the mid-section of the horse's face. I understand what you are saying about safety and not putting information and pics on forums or other websites that some folks can use to find one's finds such as Gold, MD'ing locations or other as well as literally find you! In my case, although I have a possibility that is a slow work in progress, I have never made significant finds and probably never will, so I don't mind putting a pic of me on forums. Besides, I have a keen sense of being watched and when most folks know or find out that I can shoot them at a mile or further, they don't get too close or even spend much time watching me. Quite a few have made that mistake and seen the ends of the barrels of what I use for security, so need I say more! There are many things I can't talk about or even nonchalantly mention but most of the local Law Enforcement Agencies are somewhat aware while the higher up Law Enforcement Agencies are well aware, so again, need I say more!

You are very wise to be as careful as you are and applaud you for trying to help others in doing the same!

Frank

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
John,

While some others may have a problem with what you state, I have no problems with any of it! Just so that you will know, we are all good! Only a choice few know of my' secret spot that has possible significant potential and it will stay that way. Besides, even these choice few probably could not find the location again on their own and everyone else would be stumbling over a 100,000 acres of wilderness to try to find it. Maybe some day, you could instruct me on the codes in person. I know that there are treasures hidden here in the East and much of the codes were done by the Cherokee and Crow Indians. Unlike many locations out West that are far from civilization and remote where the codes may have remained unmolested for the past 200 to 400 years or more, most of the codes here in the East have been long destroyed or mangled by timbering, hunters, construction, growth, the Civil War and by Mother Nature herself.

Frank

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While there is plenty to find down below, the higher you go the more there is to find. But the last 20 feet or so seems to elude me lol.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very interesting terrain. I study the know treasure sites to see how sites were built and accessed. That is a cool picture.

pacog

Apr 23, 2013
Ridgecrest, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John, I don't post often but I am a regular reader. Glad you decided to stick around. If others don't care to learn and are doubters so be it. Most people can only dream of finding what you have found and (not a regular occurrence, at least you don't hear about them) so people are going to be skeptical.

The stuff you are posting is very interesting stuff and can hopefully help me and other's find an area's worth working.

The pic with all the small codes is a bit blurry and it's hard to make out what you have outlined.

Keep it up, I look forward to seeing what you find and learning new things along the way.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too suffer from a shakey hand John. I use my walking stick as a tripod. I just set the camera on top and seems to work well. Its hard to see what I am shooting, but I have the angle down pat anymore.

Those iron and copper looking rocks are a dead giveaway. I collect samples and crush them to see whats in em. I need to learn to assay.

Snakes are always bad, I usually step on em before I see em. We got the green mojave here. They hold their ground.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good examples john. You believe there is cameras out John? Or drones? Im to believe they do sweeps, and you just dont know when they will do them.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I went out and purchased a Black Edition GoPro Hero3+, to make Prospecting clips and upload them here for everyone to view

View attachment 1019700

Cool John! I can't wait to see some of your prospecting videos and I am sure that many of us will learn something from them as well! Hey, could you make a video of you processing the pay dirt, so that the skeptics will see how much Gold you actually get on an outting?

Frank

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
No sir. You have a go pro...we need video!!
You can go to Spain later..:laughing7:

You got that right! Besides Spain got 594,000 Silver coins and a few hundred Gold coins that Odyssey Marine Exploration salvaged from the Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes, so why in hell do they need you??!!:icon_scratch: If you do go there, make sure that you don't show them all of the Gold you found that the Spanish Explorers/Miners left behind when they were in Arizona some 200 to 400 years ago because they might try to claim it as well.:BangHead:

Frank

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Frank,

Going to check something out that goes with my desert research of spanish mining symbols and find some really old libraries and some other stuff, and I'm just going to forget telling the spanish anything lol.

I hope the research goes well and that you can visit with your friend! What you will be doing, sounds very interesting and I hope it is well worth the expense and time!

Frank

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
A google search for... Spanish treasure symbols... Will show every symbol and an explanation of each symbol.

What I don't understand is why they would use symbols. Does anyone here use symbols to your hot spot?

Do you work/extract a hotspot or put symbols and leave the gold behind? A large number of people must have known the symbols and could/would steal the metals if they are not mined when found.

Symbols on rocks that move and deteriorate seems like a waste of time in modern times. I would think it useless to follow symbols to a location that has been mined and should not still contain any sizable amounts of metals. Natural movement and deterioration could/would also send you in the wrong direction.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John, thanks for sharing so much of your adventures, just fascinating!

To others asking why the Spanish left markings: unlike you and I they did not prospect or mine for personal gain but rather for their king and church. So marking a deposit was a way of helping their fellows work together to serve a common goal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread