Found it

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy's first thank for the tips and advice. The kids and I went on a adventure. I tryed this place out in winter and I thought I had a few very small flakes in my pan. But I was not sure. I just purchased my equip. So I got home from work, and told the kids put on your boots. We got in the car and when we arived they still had on flip flops. We had to go through the woods lots of Ive, Prickers. So I had my son on my back and my daughter on my front. So here are some pic's. In the first pic we were on a sand bar diging behind a huge rock. The next 2 is a spot I want to dig.(Advice on 2nd pic please). #rd is of the flour gold in my pan. photo6.JPG Photo7.JPG photo 8.JPG 9.JPG

Upvote 0

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
after making some assumptions.....
The cobbles are small and uniform so this the lowere part of a long river and since the gold is fine it is far from the source.
You will probably find the fine gold about anywhere you dig. Try diggin on the trailing edge of the inside bends of the river for larger gold

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for solid bedrock and tear into them cracks,crevices,folds,drops and chutes. Screwdrivers,rock hammer,chisel,coathangers ANYTHAG to clean them out. No bedrock then behind the biggest boulders,tree stumps,waterfalls downstream inside a bend-Great to have kids along-kudos-John

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What about roots? Not sure if you saw my first video but there are some roots growing into the waterline worth a look?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What about roots? Not sure if you saw my first video but there are some roots growing into the waterline worth a look?
maybe but it's bad karma to hurt a tree that has grown for many years just to get a dollar worth of gold so use your judgement around trees on the bank of a stream.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh I'm not cutting it, I'm going to use my pool toy hand dredge to get all the mud sand and gold out of under it

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be nice to know your vicinity, maybe some tips on better areas might come up ! Is a beautiful area though, and maybe the kids wouldn't care anyhow. Enjoy
johnnysau

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy's first thank for the tips and advice. The kids and I went on a adventure. I tryed this place out in winter and I thought I had a few very small flakes in my pan. But I was not sure. I just purchased my equip. So I got home from work, and told the kids put on your boots. We got in the car and when we arived they still had on flip flops. We had to go through the woods lots of Ive, Prickers. So I had my son on my back and my daughter on my front. So here are some pic's. In the first pic we were on a sand bar diging behind a huge rock. The next 2 is a spot I want to dig.(Advice on 2nd pic please). #rd is of the flour gold in my pan. View attachment 1021548
Found it? Looks like you've had it for years.

OP
OP
M

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my daughter loves to go, so does my son. She will get dirty with the best of them. Last week we had a few of there friends go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread