Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have not but I have heard that there is the chance for big gold up there.

My friends are planning a hunting trip up there, hiking in for a week.
I will be going with them at the same time and of course there will be prospecting. :)

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
hobo gulch north fk trinity

Check land status as claims predating wilderness area and kept current still exist up north fork rattlesnake ck bobs farm and possibly grizzly too.hi fire danger so know escape routes which are very limited good luk

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all, there is gold at Hobo Gulch and the immediate area. There are also many barren places. The better gold is a full days walk to upper Grizzly and the Rattlesnake. Even those two places have been hit pretty hard lately. Whites Creek had some decent gold but it has been hit hard also. Many of the side streams have some gold and many do not.
As you are walking through the area you will see bits and pieces of old channel on hillsides and up gullies. There are still some good detecting areas but you need to be able to spend a few days at a time to locate spots. I myself have been sniping and detecting that area for twenty or so years. The areas that are still worthwhile require lots of searching and walking. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Last edited:
OP
OP
TrinityBigfoot

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hiked in after checking The BLM claim status of the area. Unfortunately my car is not really dirt road friendly. I mapped the hike on Google earth and estimated 3.4 miles one way. I brought gear to stay the night. I made great time hiking down. A little past a few active claims I panned a little and found nothing. I decided to head home and hiked back to the car. When I got home I checked the GPS I covered 11.4 miles and over 2000 feet of elevation change. In the coming months I hope to find a truck to help with my expeditions.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I don't find bedrock, I am not interested.
Did you find bedrock?

OP
OP
TrinityBigfoot

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did on the river. I needed to spend more time there. It was a very promising area. I found lots of quartz and quite a few strips of quartz running thru the rocks on the river. There appeared to be a lot of history in the area. I'm looking forward to getting a truck and expanding my expeditions. I might meet my idea of a truck half way right now and go for a mountain bike.

OP
OP
TrinityBigfoot

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tips TrinityAu. I really want to find my first metal detected gold. And possibly more then a few specs at a time:)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the forest circus yesterday in the Ville and all areas/roads closed by the 100s due to fires. Go oline asap AND daily as fires spread and drought continues they are closing more and more daily-bummer to drive all that way to find locked gates-John

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wonder if they will open them back up or leave them locked for good. :/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread