Has anybody used the cascade highbanker by kicking donkey mining supplies?

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have not actually seen any footage of it in action, but it looks like it could be a useful piece of equiptment. Plus it's very affordable. $350 and comes with 1200 gph pump. I was going to take it to Arizona. One of the claims I went to out there was Clayish material that was moist so I didn't bother running it thru dry washer. I just want to be prepared this time. What are your thoughts

Upvote 0

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have not seen it run but Bill Southern at Nugget Shooter's in Morristown, AZ is selling them. I questioned the pump size but was assured it was sufficient for the machine. I might try one if I didn't have use of a reverse helix trommel.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you are worried about the pump size just stop by Harbor freight and add for a 1000gph 12v pump.
They only cost $20 dollars and I have BEAT the hell out of mine and it keeps going. :)

I like the looks of it, seems to be very high quality.

Another idea too, Powerwheels 12v batteries would be a great backup, they are 9lbs and are rated for 9.3 amp hours.
Then while your working just pop the other battery on the ol' 45w Solar charger that harbor freight sells too.

OP
OP
G

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just bought a Honda 2000 watt generator. It's light and quiet! 13.3 amps is it only draw back. Strong enough to run a chipping hammer and most pumps . For my situation i think itll be perfect. Will have a 2.5" dredge here shortly, would love a bigger one, but I think it'll be fine. I'm still a little jealous about not having a reverse helix trommel though... Thanks for the imput! No rock crusher, so it would have taken forever to crush. Saved me some time and probably blisters!!!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice score, those things are awesome to have because of how quiet they are.
My Briggs 5hp and Honda GC190 6hp are super loud, I need to figure out a way to quiet them down a bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread