The WORST thread

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm constantly browsing the net for gold related videos, equipment, pics, stories, etc.
I've come across a lot of crappy equipment or stupid people and I thought it would be fun to put it all in one place and have some laughs. If you've found a stupid video, person, piece of equipment or anything prospecting related that made you laugh or shake your head, here's a good spot to share. I'll post this to start
image.jpg

Lol

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is compliments of eBay and it could be yours for the small price of 1100 dollars!
( removed by mod)

That's easily 20 dollars worth of wood, what a sweet deal

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why do you all want to belittle someone else s equipment? If it catches gold, then what's the big deal? Maybe the man can't afford some big shiny piece of equipment. I know I'm on fixed income, and things come hard.

OP
OP
S

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
it doesn't have to be equipment if you had read the whole thread. It can be people, bad advice, anything gold related. It's just a way to have some fun so if your real sensitive you don't have to contribute but I believe you could make something a little better than what's exampled. Home made equipment is fine but use a level or make some measurements for god sakes.
I'm sorry if your offended but I won't sensor my posts or fear of posting things that may offend someone, it's the internet so you may have to get used to the fact that not everyone shares your feelings. Again if you don't like it ignore me or don't contribute as I'm going to keep posting innocent funny things that make me smile.

Last edited:

Honkey3k

Jul 14, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've seen many old timers with home made wooden sluice boxes that look like hell but have proven to keep the gold.

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
At $1,100.00 a pop, there is room for complaints here.

First complaint: Wood
Last complaint: Wood

OP
OP
S

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I keep laughing burntbear is funny!
That's what this thread is all about, again sorry jimmy but it's all in good fun

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've seen many old timers with home made wooden sluice boxes that look like hell but have proven to keep the gold.

Yep… somehow me thinks gold isn't to picky whether it's riffled out of a $2 homemade highbanker, or a $2000 super duper custom engineered highbanker. At the end of the day, it all ends up in a pan anyways. :evil5:

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep… somehow me thinks gold isn't to picky whether it's riffled out of a $2 homemade highbanker, or a $2000 super duper custom engineered highbanker. At the end of the day, it all ends up in a pan anyways. :evil5:

I can agree with that if the equipment is built properly. A piece of equipment that isn't built properly is not going to recover the same. I think I would rather spend money on a new backpack dredge that is proven to recover gold rather than someone's weekend garage build.

Last edited:

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is compliments of eBay and it could be yours for the small price of 1100 dollars!
( removed by moderator)

That's easily 20 dollars worth of wood, what a sweet deal

the sluice looks to be at way too high of an angle, you would probably throw out so much gold it sickening

Last edited by a moderator:

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
look at this kid(might be 8) who built his own "highbanker"

where is the water source?
*sarcasm* definitely a legit test thought no water or other materials just roll bb's down the sluice and that will test your recovery,
2 riffles will catch all your gold

OP
OP
S

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold is not perfectly round like BBs?!
Not bad I guess for a little kid, better than anything I built at that age:)
I'd be dredging at his discharge I can tell ya that much.

Last edited:

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I guess the price is a little steep, maybe that's one of those Highbankers

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On ebay links, only charter members can post links to eBay..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has to be a CM ebay sale, not just any sale on ebay.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions