How to bend sheet metal without bender?

Goldkid55

Sep 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I am going to be building a highbanker and dont have acsess to a sheet metal bender any tips for getting a good bend im using aluminum I was just planing on clamping it down to a work bench and bending it, its not very heavy gauge metal. Also for a 6 inch sluice would a one inch pump provide enough water?

Upvote 0

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
I would just get some aluminum L brackets and rivet them together, then seal the corners.

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray posted this on our forum a while back.
Doc

OP
OP
G

Goldkid55

Sep 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feel ever so slightly honored to have Doc post on such a novices thread thanks for the VID evry one and all great info awsome comunity here and planning on useing gold hog mats in my sluice cant find beter.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Building your own gear bring a sense of accomplishment and also teaches you a lot about what works and what doesn't. We all have built uncountable gadgets and devices to catch gold. I strongly support and encourage you in building your own stuff.
That being said...one of the things you will learn is that it is far easier, cheaper and better to just buy a new gizmo or better yet, a good used one.

OP
OP
G

Goldkid55

Sep 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really do thank you for all of your input and after A month of research I have stared my new highbanker and bent the sheet metal tonight perfectly cant be happy-er is that a word lol will post some pics later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread