Expanded metal for grizley bars?

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Depends on where you put it
If you put it in the sluice itself and use it for riffles, it makes only fair spots for gold to catch because it has air gaps underneath it.
It will not work well at all for grizzly bars if you put it in the head where you shovel. The gravel will not slide off of it easily, vegetation will stick to it and it will clog constantly.
For actual grizzly you need profile bars
PB200007.jpg

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use it for the grizzly in my high banker.
I use 3/4 flat expanded.
We have a lot of heavy clay here and it helps hold it in the hopper and also breaks it up better than bars.
You do have to manually clean it to remove the rocks.

Wes

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yuup i use a #2 screen (ziptie)on my hopper and increased the angle, works well but it is slow feeding material and the screen does load up with roots, but hey i am moving rocks off the griz by hand when i am running in factory mode, i found that a firm brisle brush helps remove most of the roots & leaves while running.

OP
OP
G

Goldkid55

Sep 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering I can find some scarps of it for like 3 dollars at my local metal yard I might as well give it a shot but if not ill grab some metal bars while im there. now I have seen lots of people putting expanded metal in there sluices is there A reason in my banker I was planning on using a combo of Ur Scrubber and razorback mats so what is the reason to putting expanded metal into it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread