Anyone prospected Gold Creek off Little Tujunga Canyon,CA.?

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Before the 2005 100 year flood there used to be decent gold found between Gold Creek and the hill to the east. Now you're lucky to find a tiny speck anywhere I'm sure it's now sitting at the bottom of Hanson Dam:BangHead:. Jim Klein mentions this area in his 30+ year old book "Where to find gold in Southern California" and claims to have found a tiny nugget there back in the day.

Appreciate any feedback,

Randy

Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There used to be a couple pf claims on it. I never prospected it however. The fishing used to be pretty good [ for stockers].

OP
OP
S

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Yes and the owner was a women of the Little Nugget Placers. I find it hard to believe that all the gold is gone.

Randy

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never really seen any evidence of anybody ever working those claims. No tailings or diggings. The Falcon mine is on the other side of the hill so who knows ,there could be some hardrock exposures feeding the creek . Good luck Randy

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still trying Randy? That canyon with the tiny town there to the north west of the cemetary-been 30 years or so since there--is what has been said to be the major gold producer to the dam area. Big Tujunga placers on private property was being worked recently for microfines but Tarkus the bee man went offline due to bs here. He knows that canyon extremely well,if ya want a pm with his old info I trust you explicatley -John

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seriously though, I used to go there at Oak Springs. I'd imagine it is dry now. Lots of poison oak and trash. Still a little gold down from the parking lot. I tried a spot up a dirt road a ways that seems like it would be good, but I never had much luck. Near for Boulder Cyn.

The opposite drainage (to BigT) is Gold Canyon. I get some color out of BigT near there. Where are you located? PM me and I can send you some maps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread