Gold Rush season 5 -- starting 10/17/14

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, let's start an official thread with what I know so far.

* Parker wants to buy his own lease to be free of Tony and has a stated goal of 2000 ounces

* The Hoffmans are abandoned. Dave Turin is going to work for Freddie Dodge.

* Dakota Fred and Dustin are off the show due to a contract dispute.

* Tony f***ing Beets wants to rebuild a floating dredge in a project that should yield lots of beeps.

And just saw this. Jim Thurber is out.

Jim Thurber : Discovery Channel

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it just finished, now it's being repeated. Parker hit the ground running after Tony tried to hose him, and then Tony hosed him again. I really don't like that guy. I'm tired of the beeps.

So looking forward to seeing Dave Turin with a winning group. The Dodge brothers are a welcomed change.

And it seems like we won't be rid of the Hoffmans. They had a nice claim dropped in their laps, although the deal was a pretty one-sided one and not in their favor.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea part of what Drove me away from Watching the first episode was Tony's voice :unhappysmiley:
I didn't even stick around for the first Bleep. I think I hit FF
as soon as he started talking

Last edited:

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OMG, LOL.....people are over critical about words. They are only words people, used daily all over the planet in many languages, and have been for centuries. They are only "bad" because you where brought up to believe they are "bad" or "nasty". Like it or not, the fact is they are part of daily life. Dennis

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG, LOL.....people are over critical about words. They are only words people, used daily all over the planet in many languages, and have been for centuries. They are only "bad" because you where brought up to believe they are "bad" or "nasty". Like it or not, the fact is they are part of daily life. Dennis

It isn't the words themselves.

(see
[h=1]"How to Swear Like a Pro"[/h]
on YouTube " )

Actually if they were not Blocked out, what he says may make more sense
and I also may have been able to tolerate him more.
I don't Know :dontknow:
however, with all the Bleeps I notice it more & all I can think is he needs to grow up.
Swearing doesn't make him a man.
I've known allot of kids over the years who could swear him under the table.
but at least they knew when it wasn't necessary.

Last edited:

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an outtake from the first show, I think all will enjoy it!

OP
OP
O

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone watch last night? The Hoffmans had trouble, but it was the usual issues, equipment breakdown. THey did have a real nice cleanout for a short run.

And I found this article on Starcasm, which has a spoiler.

---------------
http://starcasm.net/archives/294736

On the current season of Gold Rush Todd Hoffman hopes to salvage his pride and his dignity after a disastrous mining season in the jungles of Guyana in 2014 by returning to the Yukon to mine for gold. Despite his reputation and despite it being so late in the year to be looking for a claim, Todd manages to strike a deal with Peter Tallman and his company, Klondike Gold Corporation, for a claim at McKinnon Creek.

As an added bonus, the ground was already partially stripped with paydirt exposed, theoretically lessening the amount of time it would take the Hoffman Crew (which at the time consisted of only Todd and his dad, Jack Hoffman, after everyone else decided to bail) to begin mining.

Todd and Jack agreed to a deal where they would pay Klondike Gold 20% of all raw gold recovered during the 2014 mining season, with a minimum of 100 ounces. So the big question is: Will Todd Hoffman be able to redeem himself and find enough gold to pay the 100 ounce minimum and pay his crew?

At least part of that question appears to have been answered thanks to a press release issued by Klondike Gold Corporation after the Gold Rush Season 5 premiere episode. In the press release, which announces the partnership between Klondike Gold and Jerusalem Mining (the new name for Todd Hoffman’s mining company — he apparently has left 316 Mining behind), it reveals that not only was Todd Hoffman able to pay the 100 ounce minimum, but that Todd and crew have approved a lease for the 2015 season!

“As of October 2014 this payment to Klondike Gold has been made,” the statement reveals. “The lease agreement is renewable annually for three years subject to annual approval by both parties. As of October 2014 the lease for 2015 has been approved by both parties.”

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
please please Dave, don't go to help the Turd

OP
OP
O

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah no way. But Thurb is back.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spoiler or not, its pretty obvious that they would be able to hit that on that prepped claim.

OP
OP
O

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah he's sticking with the Dodge bros. They just posted an IG pic.

Instagram

That shot of Tony in the Viking helmet was pretty funny.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very funny considering that he's Dutch!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
notice how when something needs doing the turd stands there with his radio and tells thurb to do it?
what a lazy lardo

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
notice how when something needs doing the turd stands there with his radio and tells thurb to do it?
what a lazy lardo

he's already started his "What The frick's" this season :laughing7:

I wonder if it is possible to keep a running total of "What The frick's"
from him in one season.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I guess it is better then Tony's

"____________ of ____________ and _____________for ____________ "

at least when Todd says "What The frick" you know someting is Wrong.

when Beets says "____________ of ____________ and _____________for ____________ " you can only Guess , as it could be good or bad.

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I hope they all do well this season love this show makes me have gold fever seeing the gold they find . Wish I could find some gold like that someday

I don't know why most of them haven't followed the tailings back up to the veins and the possible Collection Dish as I like to call it.

They seem to be at lower elevations and the gold there in the Klondike is chunky from its churning up through a Volcano, which usually are best to hunt right at the base of the runoff channels and riverheads of these rivers.......

these guys are all looking for flake and small nuggets in mass, from moving HUGE AMOUNTS OF CRAP, they play the odds at a lower percent per pound moved because they are so far from the origin of the gold

they also have to dig under layers of topsoil, they screw up every fishing hole downstream and chase off the wildlife that hunters use to survive on with huge machines........

.....2000 ounces.....thats a whopping 165 lbs........and they are pulling how many ounces per ton of soil???

whats the place going to be used for after they are done??

they create a temporary use of a permanently destroyed area

I only endorse Picking and Panhandling, Sleucing is fine if done by hand or small portable machine, but why make all the racket and carry so much???

You can just walk right up, find the flake, and "Walk The Line", the river, right up to the base of the mountain where it came out from.......bigger chunks fall to the bottom and are harder to carry downstream, the flake can be whisked away in the currents,

but the Nugget is always up up up up up up in them thar hills.......

If they were trying to show off the New Kid as being smarter, he would get smarter and not so nasal.....nothing personal, he just seems to whine after laying his demands and getting shot down.....everyone around him seems to be saying F Off kid......

I dont like that either, from old dogs, but there is no reason to make him out to be the stereotypical underdog either

so you're right there are so many manipulations of the personalities, and you can tell their methods of documentation are geared at creating conflict and dramatic/impulsive reactions......

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Churning up through a volcano???? Really??? I don't think so. They are working where they can. Most of that territory is claimed and you can't just go anywhere you want. Dennis

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whats the place going to be used for after they are done??

they create a temporary use of a permanently destroyed area

I don't want to start a Fight, But am wondering if you consider your self a hard core environmentalist ? I'm asking
Simply because I disagree on this Statement.
Yes it could be in bad shape for the rest of "our Lives".
But it doesn't mean destroyed permanently .
Our lives are a Flash in the pan, & our footprint, the same.

some considered Anthracite Mining the Destruction of the area I live.

40 years ago this was all stripped & Gray from Coal Dirt

Untitledkk.jpg

This Aerial was from 2012

If you were to take an aerial of this area today,
You would see corn & other fields, Forest land,
with Motor Bike & 4 Wheel Trails
& still a Few Anthracite coal businesses
mixed in. I wouldn't consider that destroyed land.

imo Nothing is destroyed forever unless you want it to be :thumbsup:

forever is a long time :tongue3:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread