GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starcasm just posted a massive spoiler for the Hoffman's fate. Seriously, don't click this link if you want to be surprised when it all airs.

Gold Rush Season 6 spoiler Do the Hoffmans reach 2,700 oz

I don't need any spoilers.
since the only reason Todd made the statement at the beginning was for Drama
and was probably really filmed after all numbers were in, like other years.
I'm guessing they made that & more.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
makes you wonder whos really running the dig!!?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seriously, spoiler alert. Lol.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't mind knowing the outcome, I'll still tune in to see the gold along the way!

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im thinking that Tony will have mechanical issues but for the most part I marvel at how ingenious and simple the dredge is. Most of the issues they may have will be with the bucket line operation as that is where most of the wear will take place. At the heart of the dredge you have one 25hp electric motor powered by a generator. That one motor operates all the moving parts on the dredge and it's quite impressive when you think about it. The main drive is reduced so low that the moving parts are only traveling a couple rpm if that and that greatly reduces the amount of wear. As long as they stay on top of greasing everything religiously and can operate it properly I'd think it would really out preform the other operations when factoring in everything.

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Following my reading yesterday it seems that maintenance is the key............not like on the mixers in my bakery :)

RR

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a waste of time...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Following my reading yesterday it seems that maintenance is the key............not like on the mixers in my bakery :)

RR

Are you mining gold in your bakery?

Crap, I want in. Must be using the golden gooses eggs for the batter.

Baaa dump bump bump... but seriously folks

This season is just like last season, which was just like the season before which was just like...

I prefer to watch it with the sound off. That way I can see the equipment work and what comes out of it without suffering through the drama.

Last edited:

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like to watch it, its the best gold show out there right now. For those that dont like it there is a simple solution turn the channel problem solved.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Am I mistaken, or, did I catch them hoping to pull the wool over our eyes....Hoffman camp, Freddy is trying to figure out where the gold is being lost. He checks the tailings that are coming off the big conveyer belt. Finds gold in them. Then he goes to the sluice and says the sand in the 4th bay is why, so they fix it with a board. Wouldn't he have had to check the tailings from the sand screw to find out if the sluice was where they were loosing gold? And if there are tailings that are coming off the big conveyer, wouldnt that point to a bigger problem somewhere deeper in the plant? Please tell me what I missed if anyone noticed this too.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I mistaken, or, did I catch them hoping to pull the wool over our eyes....Hoffman camp, Freddy is trying to figure out where the gold is being lost. He checks the tailings that are coming off the big conveyer belt. Finds gold in them. Then he goes to the sluice and says the sand in the 4th bay is why, so they fix it with a board. Wouldn't he have had to check the tailings from the sand screw to find out if the sluice was where they were loosing gold? And if there are tailings that are coming off the big conveyer, wouldnt that point to a bigger problem somewhere deeper in the plant? Please tell me what I missed if anyone noticed this too.

My guess the whole thing was just to make the end of the shows final Weigh in to be more of a surprise.
at some point they will also start holding back on the weights
so it looks like they will fail.
then on the last episode they will produce 5 or 6 six jars claiming they hit the motherload last minute, and come out ahead.

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im no expert by any means of the imagination, common sense says those riffles ARE constantly clogged when you run
( 300 Yards ) of material per hour over them, like i said id be glad too take the stuff going over the end. You could probaly stick a man right there to play with the riffles and it would be well worth it in the end, i believe. Not sure sure how you remedy the problem running those huge numbers, Freddy dodge or not!
johnnysau

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be more than happy to sluice their tailings! But then they wouldn't have any bags of sand to sell :-(

;

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What irks me most is is the OR fools are never shown doing a proper sample, at best an occasional pan. I would have expected better from Dodge. How many times have we seen them dragging HBers all over the place but never run them????!!! I get using the excavator to break up the ground but a few pans or a couple of buckets through one of the hand sluice would have been a bare minimum, Dodge has to have Goldfield laying around somewhere.. There was no need to shut down a producing run based on nothing. Could have ran the 25 yards at the source. If it showed anything worth looking more then do a proper test run of a 100y, 500y or even 1K.

My GR rant of the week is over, back to the regular posting

ratled

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread