GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well another drama show in the books. I am amazed each week,Toad needs a wash plant and 40 miles away Freddy has what looks like a NEW wash plant sitting on trucks ready to roll. Now if you do the math it just does not add up. Freddy wants 300 ounces of gold, at today's price that's $360,000.00 dollars. The plant looks new and a entire wash plant is going to cost more than $360,000.00. Hell a few years ago Toad paid 1 million for a trommel that blew up the motor within hours. After 40 miles of traveling on dirt roads and four trucks stirring up the dust and the trucks arrive with the equipment still looking fresh and new, WOW...

Toad mention its his NEW TO HIM wash plant, does not mention they are leasing it from Freddy. The plant looks new as the holes where you assemble the plant the paint around the holes was not damaged. Then one has to ask why is the new wash plant in that area when most likely it was built in the states, yet Freddy says it will be heading south in 48 hours if Toad does not have 100 ounces of gold for a down payment.

Again I believe Discovery is fronting the $$$ for this entire operation, paying the actors/miners, having equipment on hand with a snap of the fingers. Parker gets a new D10 after mom does her homework.... Ridiculous, Ridiculous, Ridiculous.... Just got done watching from my DVR the 15 minutes of new footage. Does everyone else notice around the 50 minute mark of the show each week the show goes from commercial to about 15 seconds of show back to a commercial?

Yep the Tucson mineral is the biggest show on earth. There is always lots of gold for sale... Right in my backyard. When the 3 week show comes around each year there are hundreds of tents, some tents are 1000 feet long all around the city sales goods.

Toad is real creative, Little Red and Monster Red...

Yes the shows I watch on Discovery all do that 15 Second bit between commercials at that point
in the show. History Channel does it too on the "reality" shows I watch,
so I'm going to guess they all do it.
I believe the whole thing has to do with the amount of commercials they sell,
& if they didn't put that show break between the commercials there
the Commercial break would seem more like forever then normal.
Maybe there is even a law on how many commercials in a standard commercial break :dontknow:
so the 15 second shot saves them :unhappysmiley:

the way Dodge talked I thought he had the plant sold,
But offered it to Todd on the side.
if that were the case I'd be P.O.'d if it was meant for me.

of course was it really Dodges, & He gave up for the year ?

too many questions, I agree with you "Drama" same as "Mommy " showing up
at parker's to cry poverty , before the big cleanout :tongue3:

I think the clean-out really happened before she showed up.
and actually came up to get it, in order to lease the D10.

I also believe the $2 million he said he wants to get
was already reached before they edited him saying that he
wants to get $2 million.
My guess he made 2.5 or so and the worry is all drama
(staged clean-outs)

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe that during the show Fred told Todd that he was selling
him the trommel for basically the cost of the materials.

There's quite a few large mine operations up there, so it could
very well be that another mine had ordered it and couldn't pay
the bill, so, since it was already in town Fred was selling it to
try and recover his costs. Just a theory, but it makes sense.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Parker's "NEW dozer is not new. It's a refurb as witnessed by the radiator hose being painted. They don't come from the factory with painted radiator hoses. But, I guess it was new to him.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parker's "NEW dozer is not new. It's a refurb as witnessed by the radiator hose being painted. They don't come from the factory with painted radiator hoses. But, I guess it was new to him.

I had wondered when they had to Tap out some holes too :icon_scratch:
I never bought a dozer, But I would think everything should be ready to put together & go. I figured they were maybe tapping out Paint used to tough up things

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to wonder how Todd is supposed to make any money given how much he owes at this point. He owes 100 to the lease owner, 200 to Freddy, half to Dave. He's going to be grossly overextended.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because it's a business.
You can't count on that big cleanout again in the swamp cut, whereas you can count on the good material down the road.
With that big cleanup he did not break even with what he could make down the road if you average it all out per week. Known vs. unknown. If it's my money at stake, I'd go with the known too.

I'm just here for the gold! :)

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have to wonder how Todd is supposed to make any money given how much he owes at this point. He owes 100 to the lease owner, 200 to Freddy, half to Dave. He's going to be grossly overextended.

Nope. He owes 20% to the owner of the land, 300 ounces total to Freddy, and 50 percent to Dave. Plus the percentages he owes to his workers, and operating cost. Looks like he has given the farm away... Bottom line he and Dave share in the 300 ounces and each will get 40 percent. Still waiting to see if that's ever going to be disclosed or Dave already knows as he has seen it in the script they all follow.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gold Rush producers (and Todd) knew when they went to the "jungle" that new placer operations in the country had been put under a moratorium. They had no intent to mine and would have been thrown in jail if they had. The whole season was done under a filming permit in the same location another fake mining show had filmed previously.

The entire show is made up. The characters aren't real even though they are played by real people. Anybody that follows the mining business knew when the production crew went into the "jungle" they couldn't mine there. It's a tribute to the director they kept you all watching even though nothing was ever mined.

It's a very popular show. People enjoy the drama. It's not mining. It's a portrayal of what mining might be if a bunch of Hollywood folks got stoned one night and decided to make a mining drama.

Enjoy it. Discuss it. Point out the stupid and the fun parts. Make fun of Todd - he doesn't mind he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Heavy Pans

Hey, Barry is that your take on "Jungle Gold" or " Gold Rush" or both?.....I know Tony is the real deal, and what is it, Klondike Corp. the owner of Todds claim. What say you about these clean ups and operations. I'm very curios about your view on it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. He owes 20% to the owner of the land, 300 ounces total to Freddy, and 50 percent to Dave. Plus the percentages he owes to his workers, and operating cost. Looks like he has given the farm away... Bottom line he and Dave share in the 300 ounces and each will get 40 percent. Still waiting to see if that's ever going to be disclosed or Dave already knows as he has seen it in the script they all follow.

Yes I'm sure Dave knows all.

I still think the whole Dave deal was hashed out Before the season ever started.
He just had things to tie up first and it gave them some drama for the cameras.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was just a TV ad for next weeks show. Somebody died, but of course they were being extremely vague to try to get ratings from it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was just a TV ad for next weeks show. Somebody died, but of course they were being extremely vague to try to get ratings from it.

I didn't see that, But maybe Parkers pap.
however it would seem strange as I think his Obit would hit the papers within 24 Hours
The show can't stop Obituaries for Dramas sake .
whole thing could be fake too.
I don't think they would wait this long to announce Harness' death.
then again the show was probably filming in July

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/03/gold-rush-star-dead-james-harness-dies-alaska/

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey, Barry is that your take on "Jungle Gold" or " Gold Rush" or both?.....I know Tony is the real deal, and what is it, Klondike Corp. the owner of Todds claim. What say you about these clean ups and operations. I'm very curios about your view on it.

I don't have a "take" on the show because I don't watch it. I did download and watch most of the first season the year after the show came out. I occasionally catch a few minutes when visiting friends. I'm not a big TV watcher and in particular I try to avoid "reality" TV.

My comment about the "jungle" mining was based on the fact that Guyana has stopped permitting new placer mines. The producers and crew of Gold Rush knew when they went there they would not be permitted to mine. The show may or may not be scripted but the simple fact that a whole season of a show about "mining" was filmed where no mining could take place should tell you something about the "reality" of Gold Rush. I didn't watch the "jungle" season but I'm guessing they didn't mention they weren't there to mine?

Guyana putting a moratorium on placer permits is big news in the mining business, there are some really good gold deposits there. Guyana has been the site of a huge mining boom. Gold Rush and the other reality shows are not news at all in the mining industry. I was simply providing a bit of the reality of real mining to those watching the "reality" drama of Gold Rush.

Enjoy the show. Talk about the characters and the plot. Enjoy the "cleanouts" and share your ideas about how the "miners" should mine. It's entertainment - there is nothing wrong with being entertained by the show. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

The dying thing was filmed with Todd's crew, not Parker's so it's probably a late obit about James Harness.
This far into the 2014 series would put them into July which would fit with his passing.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most of use knew James Harness had passed away back on July 3rd 2014 of a stroke.

Harness -- who lived in Oregon -- had serious medical issues, including back injuries from a car accident that crippled him with pain.

He also had a serious addiction problem with pain pills, which triggered problems on the show. We're told he wasn't showing up for work and became so unreliable he was fired during season 2.

We do not know the cause of death or where he was when he died.

Harness was divorced and had a son and a daughter. He was 57.

Read more: James Harness

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that was convenient how quickly Parker found that water pump, wasn't it?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I couldn't help but get super excited when they showed Tony's dredge starting up! That was awesome!!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well that was convenient how quickly Parker found that water pump, wasn't it?

That's because the Gold Rush boys all have Millions (Discovery) backing them up in the event something breaks. Look at all the equipment (millions) Toad got from the beginning of the season.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually thought last nights show was so Typical, it was boring.
nothing surprising with Todd & Dave :sadsmiley:

and what a joke on the preview of the little fender bender & acting like Parker is lying somewhere unknown Dying :tongue3:
I wonder how many children watching fell for that scam :unhappysmiley:

he isn't allowed to go anywhere without a camera Crew either in or following his vehicle :laughing7: they know exactly what went on
& are manufacturing drama to get people who were bored to death this week,
to tune in next week

his pap must have showed up to help celebrate his reaching the 2.3 Million dollar goal. of course we won't see that till the last episode.
they will probably manufacture all types of setbacks now till then.

and as for what-his-Name & the antique dredge. Nothing to say.
Fast Forwarding though him saved me time :laughing7:

OH.... by the way, Parker's gold haul looked mighty tasty :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't help but get super excited when they showed Tony's dredge starting up! That was awesome!!
I'm really liking this season for some reason and able to ignore the fake drama on the dredge, around the red sluice, and submerged pump. Maybe it was the hard work they showed on the dredge instead of the usual standing around bioutching about whatever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread