Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
It needs to be seen by all miners, John Q pulbic. It exposes these green groups for exactly what they are. TV, radio, facebook, blogs, chatrooms whatever.

On December 12th the Western Mining Alliance received the
final report on the Department of Interior’s investigation into the
activities of Dr. Charles Alpers of the US Geological Survey.
In response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) filed by
the WMA, and a follow on request for an official investigation the
Department of Interior published the results of their investigation.
Dr. Charles Alpers, of the US Geological Survey (USGS) was
the lead mercury researcher for the water quality section of the
2011 Suction Dredging Environmental Impact Report (EIR). He
was responsible for collecting the data, and preparing the analysis
for the California Suction Dredging Environmental Impact Report
which concluded suction dredges were linked to high
methylmercury levels in wildlife.
He further stated there was only one year of testing data to
rely on.
In 2013 the WMA submitted a FOIA requesting all data
related to sampling of mercury on the South Yuba River, the same
location the suction dredge study took place. The information we
received proved over five years of data existed from research
funded by the Bureau of Land Management, and conducted by –
Dr. Charles Alpers.
When we evaluated all of the data we found there was natural
variability from year to year in mercury levels in wildlife, and the
levels of mercury in insects appeared to be directly linked to the
size of the spring flood. When we viewed all of the data there was
no linkage between mercury levels and dredging activity which
was in direct contradiction to Dr. Alpers’ findings.
The WMA submitted a request for an official investigation
alleging scientific misconduct over the withholding of the data set.
We met with the Department of Interior in June and discussed our
concerns.
Last week the Department of Interior provided us with their
report and it provides some stunning revelations.
The lead mercury researcher on the suction dredging EIR was
also a donor and member of The Sierra Fund. The Sierra Fund is
the organization which claims responsibility for developing the
legislation which banned suction dredging. They have publically
admitted they are opposed to suction dredging and they claimed
credit for writing the legislation which resulted in SB 670, the initial dredging ban.

Upvote 0

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Bogus science skewed to their agenda that goes on and on and on. We need to invoke FOIA on all scientific data related to proposed legislation that affects our mining rights before these laws are passed. Kudos to WMA for digging down to the bedrock of truth!! Thank you Oakview2 for putting this out there! I will do the same.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly akin to the Water Board bs study and USGS by Fleck-tainted by recirculation of the water utilized to conduct the tests. I supplied info on CDFG comments numerous times as talked to them as PRECONCEIVED RESULTS BIOLOGICAL STUDIES are the norm,like I've said for years.Let the truth set ya free as you were told and repeatedly proven. John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, how does such an obvious conflict of interest even make it that far through the process????? And when " Discovered" how is the judge of the case not held to his sworn duty of justice????

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahhhhhh Nothing like "Bought Science" to get your agenda passed into law! Conflict of interest is a massive understatement on this one! For that reason alone the ban should be lifted but we all know that's not going to happen.

Good post Oak! It WILL be going on my facebook page with a request that others share this information on how the public was duped yet again by the folks with the agendas!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great eye opening newsletter, full of good info and stories (sure would like to apply a large dose of boom bang to that rock John wrote about). If you haven't already, go read the newsletter, another well known member from here wrote an excellent letter on the Mercury scam, add that to Reed's video on Combie and you will have all the knowledge you need to understand how the public is being duped by these people. Good to see WMA going on the attack, hope others follow suit as it's been a long time coming!

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ah, so the USGS is out to get you because they have an "agenda." What exactly do you believe this "agenda" is, since it appears you believe it isn't really about public health and safety? Do you think they are running the chemtrail program?

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ah, so the USGS is out to get you because they have an "agenda." What exactly do you believe this "agenda" is, since it appears you believe it isn't really about public health and safety? Do you think they are running the chemtrail program?

How about we try not to do what it seems we as a mass populace in general do best- derail a topic of importance that is hopefully gaining momentum. It's time we attack those attacking us and stop attacking each other. Send the man a PM and express your concerns that way if you've got a problem with his entitled opinion. Meanwhile the current WMA newletter has some excellent articles shedding some much needed behind the scenes light on what is really going on with the fight against mining. My apologies for the interuption and injection of MHO.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy am I glad I live NH. They mention all the bad things. But they forget about all the mercury that you guy's remove each year! All the joy's of our government and tree-huggers! I think we need a revolution!

ScottC

Jun 21, 2009
Let me see, 1 + 1 still equals 2, so SB670 was based on the potential threat of mercury danger to humans, if that is proven to be false by any means, that should by all ethics and integrity be repealed. And the people responsible charged and prosecuted in a court of law.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy am I glad I live NH. They mention all the bad things. But they forget about all the mercury that you guy's remove each year! All the joy's of our government and tree-huggers! I think we need a revolution!

Don't think it won't happen in your state or any other. Most things that get pushed by the progressives usually start in Cali and then make their way east. Two years ago there was an article in the local liberal rag here in NC blasting prospectors and dredging in the state. Said we were bad news for water quality and needed new regs. This was actually on the front page. When they think they've won in one area they proceed to the next.

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How about we try not to do what it seems we as a mass populace in general do best- derail a topic of importance that is hopefully gaining momentum. It's time we attack those attacking us and stop attacking each other. Send the man a PM and express your concerns that way if you've got a problem with his entitled opinion. Meanwhile the current WMA newletter has some excellent articles shedding some much needed behind the scenes light on what is really going on with the fight against mining. My apologies for the interuption and injection of MHO.

Huh? The scientists are attacking us?

The report correctly pointed out that in that specific area, dredging releases as much human-introduced mercury into the waterways as rain does. That means the mercury added to the environment from human activities over the past 130 years is not being sequestered, and dredging doubles the rate at which human-introduced mercury is getting into the water.

Stating a basic fact is not "attacking us."

Which would you rather have in your drinking water: one cup of **** or two?

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't think it won't happen in your state or any other. Most things that get pushed by the progressives usually start in Cali and then make their way east.

"The progressives" being "all of the world's scientists." Do you really believe you have the right to poison the water people must drink to live? Seriously?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread