Fine Gold - Some Pics

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Testing a new "concentration mat" for finishing and cleaning cons / gold over the past few weeks.
Myself and several people are running flow rates, velocity, pitch, etc, experiments and field testing.
Been taking bunch of pics during this time and posting them on facebook etc.

But.... I think these few really help people understand just what sub 100 mesh gold looks like.
You can see 100 - 200 mesh gold in it and the "table salt" and penny help with the perspective.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1a.jpg

Upvote 0

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice pictures, that's some real fine stuff you were able to get. I need to get or make something to help process my fine gold. I'd say 60% of what I've got is real fine similar to what you posted.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures, that's some real fine stuff you were able to get. I need to get or make something to help process my fine gold. I'd say 60% of what I've got is real fine similar to what you posted.

That's kind of the idea we've been working on for the past 6 months with the new mat.
Something to........ WITHOUT CLASSIFYING
Take your cons and pull 95% of your gold out QUICKLY on the first run.
While at the same time reducing the cons by roughly 95%
So...say take a gallon of cons and reduce it to roughly 1/4 - 1/2 cup containing most of the gold very clean.

There's just a bunch of testing to do with varying flow rates, pitches, and then after the initial run, what to screen to.

Here's one pic

matpic1111111111.jpg

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's kind of the idea we've been working on for the past 6 months with the new mat.
Something to........ WITHOUT CLASSIFYING
Take your cons and pull 95% of your gold out QUICKLY on the first run.
While at the same time reducing the cons by roughly 95%
So...say take a gallon of cons and reduce it to roughly 1/4 - 1/2 cup containing most of the gold very clean.

There's just a bunch of testing to do with varying flow rates, pitches, and then after the initial run, what to screen to.

Here's one pic

View attachment 1101330

Can't wait to get this washer mat, will save me so much time with the cons from the raptor/hog mats...

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far the new version... 2.0 is looking pretty good.
Last one was "good" but had an "imbalance" in the exchange zones.
This one is better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread