Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
• Judge puts brakes on the EPA in Alaska
A federal judge ordered the EPA to stop work on its effort to preemptively veto the Pebble mine in Alaska.

Documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act showed that Phillip North, a now-retired EPA biologist based in Alaska, began meeting with opponents of the Pebble project as far back as 2008 about using the power of the Clean Water Act to stop the project before the mining company could apply for a permit.

North and the EPA are accused of conspiring with Native American groups and environmental organizations to come up with a “patently biased” environmental assessment in a lawsuit filed by the Pebble Partnership.

The preliminary injunction issued by Judge Russel Holland indicates he believes the Pebble lawsuit has merit.

Lawmakers investigating the EPA’s role corresponded with North by email and tried to arrange a date for him to appear and provide testimony in 2013, but he disappeared and subsequently hired a lawyer.

Upvote 0

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup, the RULING CLASS are above the law, they have good intentions

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Government is for government, it is no longer for the people, but this could be a good sign, a judge taken on the EPA

OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think this would come under the RICO act shouldnt they be prosecuted?

Absolutley- not only them but the SIerra Fund as well. Conspiracy, fraud, and a RICO enhancement, then we could take them to court as a civil matter for damages! No question of whether or not they the money, they brag about the size of their war chest all the time! If they don't qualify as Organized Crime then I don't know what does.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Once again it's "The same old song and dance". The "Greenies" bribe govt officials, officials do "Greenies" bidding, everyone gets caught down the road and more likely than not, not a thing is done to punish those involved in this crime against every person in our country. Let's face it, this has got to stop!

The way things keep being found out about the "greenie" groups, EPA, BLM etc we can only hope that this is going to be the swift kick in the a$$ that the American people need to rally together and demand that these groups and agencies be brought back under control. Between the "greenies" bought science, agency over reach of authority and flat out obvious conspiracy between the them the people of this country should call for justice as loud as their voices can be heard! This can no longer be just a miners issue as this kind of fraud effects everyone in this country.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Green Groups, Who are you going to believe, us who are the only hope to save the planet, or your lying eyes?????

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oakview2 , I know you were being sarcastic. My Grandfather's favorite saying " The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds real familiar, it's more than EPA running that dog and pony show up here. Least this time they did go black ops on miners on there claims like they did in previous years, just a bunch of bull s... on paper. Worthless paper.. Sad days gentlemen. A bunch of yahoos in DC making rules for the rest of us. For them mining looks easy when your 3000 miles aways and shovel is a pencil.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the Europeans keep asking the US for their gold back, the folks in DC are going to have to rethink their policies on gold mining in a hurry. The gold that should be in storage might not be there. Either the price for gold will sky rocket as the Feds try to acquire replacement physical gold on the open market, or they will have to find a way to rapidly increase supply. I usually never believe conspiracy theory, but this one sure sounds like it might be valid (ie. the US sold the physical gold without thinking how it might someday have to be replaced).

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I wish a group, from each state would print out this info and see their (voted in ) legislators and ask for them to push to remove the EPA from existence for the good of our Country! and then start going after each socalled "representative" in their state for their part in this mess! and also praise and thank the true representative for supporting our Country and Her people!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread