Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: We still have a lot of resistance working against us

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    FIRE...Financially Independent Retired Early. Poor but free!

Feb 2013
    Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    4084 times
    Prospecting

We still have a lot of resistance working against us

Some here have questioned how we in CA let all the restrictions happen to us. Truth is, we didn't know much which is the way they wanted it. We also didn't know the scope of pressure behind the scenes pushing for these changes and land grabs.

So this morning, I decided to play devil's advocate. I Googled:

is gold mining bad for the environment
    Google came back with 1,110,000 hits

Then I typed in:
    is gold mining good for the environment
    Google came back with 11,400,000 hits

Obviously I didn't look at them all, but suffice to say all I saw was derogatory in BOTH queries and many specifically say "small scale miner".

And the one who made it to the top of the list in BOTH questions Brilliant Earth.

Dirty Gold Mining Facts & Issues - Conflict Gold

And yet, the above sells diamonds...no doubt from Africa, dangerously mined and slave wages to all. No conflict there right? They sell "green" diamonds..."conflict free"

And a surprise basher. The SMITHSONIAN.
    The Environmental Disaster That is the Gold Industry | Science | Smithsonian

Problem is, when you hear Gold Mining BAD 12,000,000 times, people tend to believe it.

Thought you should know.
    Last edited by Jeff95531; Jan 07, 2015 at 11:07 AM.
    We don't fight for gain. We fight for what is rightfully ours.

Just another supporter of Land Matters http://www.mylandmatters.org/ The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

CA prospectors check here http://www.mylandmatters.org/Donate/Gift1.html

A recent study found that there are just too many studies being done.

us
    fowledup

Jul 2013
    Northern California
    Whites GMT V/SAT
    5164 times
    Prospecting
    People been "selling Ice to Eskimos" for generations. It's all in the spin. Tell an "Eskimo" he needs ice long enough, better yet "show" him he needs it and he'll buy some everytime.
    DizzyDigger likes this.
    Folks may not remember the words of what you said but they dang sure will remember how you made them feel!

us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    6147 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    From what I saw in the articles you posted the links to, they're looking mostly at mining in third world countries and trying to apply their mistakes to American mines and miners. Many of the third world countries do not have the environmental laws that we have in place in America. To try to apply the methods used in other countries to us is not only unfair, it's flat out misleading the public.

To be fair, the writers of these articles should have stated which countries they were using as examples. That they didn't do this shows me that they're working towards one agenda or another. I would not be surprised to find out that the writers are card carrying members of one green group or another. Such biased reporting is just the thing that these kind of people would stoop to in an effort to further their agendas.

Here in America, we have laws, rules and regulations that state that the mined land must be reclaimed. We also have regulations on just how leach heaps have to be set up so as not to damage the environment. Large mining operations that use these methods are inspected on a regular basis to make sure that they are following these regulations. To lump American mining practices in with those of third world countries is just wrong.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/
    The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

us
    Dec 2014
    Green Bay
    Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter
    132 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You should not be surprised by anything against freedom, information or truth NOT coming out from the Smithsonian
    GoldpannerDave likes this.

us
    Brian

Mar 2014
    Central Oregon Coast
    Whites GMT Garret fully underwater
    2002 times
    Prospecting
    The anti crowd does it in an age old method. Like building a picket fence.....one picket at a time; and as long as people can get into the area where the picket fence is being built they just ignore a picket now and then. Problem is; all at once it only takes a few pickets erected in a single day to have the whole thing fenced and no one can obtain access unless they are given a key by the gate keeper (greenies).

Simply called: "THE PICKET FENCE CONCEPT"

Bejay

us
    I'm a freakin' Rennaisance man and that's all I care to share... ;-p

Mar 2014
    West FL
    Garrett AT Pro
    43 times
    Here's the hing about the leftist/progressive thought process that applies to EVERYTHING: If you want to do it, and you want to do it on your own, freely and w/out the help or oversight and regulation of the State, local or Federal Government; then you are Bad/Evil/Racist/selfish/unfair and an Environmental RAPIST!

California has this ideology/propaganda down to a SCIENCE.
    fowledup and GoldpannerDave like this.

us
    Love Gold

Oct 2012
    Oregon
    Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Gold
    204 times
    Unfortunately the CAL-lective ideas aren't held inside borders, they are spreading North!

us
    Just Another Old Guy

Feb 2008
    Grays Harbor in Washington state
    Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it
    1078 times
    Prospecting
    I just hope truth will win out over hidden agendas at some point.
    It's well known that Cal. has always made up it's own rules when it comes to almost everything. Most foods and about all manmade products are known to the state of Cal. to be carcinogenic, almost everything powered has to be ca. compliant, etc. etc.
    I hope the dredge ban is lifted in court and people see who and what's behind all the doors where the deals are made.
    I've contributed to all the mining funds and unfortunately have to hope our pockets are deeper than theirs in the long run.
    I'm a drinker with a heavy prospecting problem and I'm out of dirt again

us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    6147 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    The picket fence concept a very good way to explain how these guys work. Slowly but surely the put one picket (blocking one right) in place and by the time the fence is done, we'll have no rights left. Miners as well as other outdoors/public land users need to find the equivalent of a chain saw to use against these groups that are taking away our rights as well as our collective heritage and use that saw to remove the fence they are attempting to build.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/
    The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

Feb 2013
    40 times
    Prospecting
    I for one look forward to the day when the air is once again poisoned and unfit to breathe, and the water is once again poisoned and unfit to drink, and the number of dead Americans due to pollution every year once again reaches 55,000 a year instead of the paltry 16,000 a year it currently is. Many tens of thousands of sick and dead Americans due to pollution is a tiny insignificant cost I am willing to bear for my right to pan gold in people's drinking water. I'm libertarian: fewer Americans means more gold for me.

us
    Sep 2012
    Tujunga, CA
    Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
    986 times
    Prospecting
    There's one now😘 I thought it went away🚀

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    10377 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertphile View Post
    I for one look forward to the day when the air is once again poisoned and unfit to breathe, and the water is once again poisoned and unfit to drink, and the number of dead Americans due to pollution every year once again reaches 55,000 a year instead of the paltry 16,000 a year it currently is. Many tens of thousands of sick and dead Americans due to pollution is a tiny insignificant cost I am willing to bear for my right to pan gold in people's drinking water. I'm libertarian: fewer Americans means more gold for me.
    Name:  thumbs down th.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  12.1 KB

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

us
    Lady Miner

Oct 2014
    The Sierra Nevadas
    Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Hand Dredge
    812 times
    Prospecting
    Name:  troll-b-gone.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  34.3 KB

us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    1692 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertphile View Post
    non sequitur - a conclusion or statement that does not follow from the previous statement
    This is a age old liberal tactic. It is an emotional exaggeration designed to provoke a defensive reaction while the real topic is derailed.
    Nice try Desertphile and it's reassuring to know that you have no argument against that can stand on its own
    I'll bet you whine about 1 part per billion of smog in the air while at the same time taking unfiltered bong hits.

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3721 times
    Now that's funny Dan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links