Further attacks on the Rinehart decision!

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bnugget

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Click on link to see amicus curiae submitted

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BNUG, thanks for the update

We need a sling for this Giant, corrupt injustice and despicable action by the DOJ, this taken’s must be dealt with, maybe it’s time for the miners to file all kinds of actions against this corrupt government very similar to what the crazy left, Claim Owners unite, ask friends to help, just a thought

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Brandon, all I can say is that from what I saw in the letter, they're grasping at straws.

To compare hydraulic mining with suction dredging as they did only goes to show that they have no idea what they're talking about. The two methods are so dissimilar that they're not even comparable. Were the hydraulic methods destructive? Of course they were but they were banned after just a few years and rightly so. Suction dredging on the other hand actually improves habitat for fish as well as removing toxins like Mercury and Lead from the waterways.

It never ceases to amaze me that these extremists just can't admit that they're in the wrong and have to keep fighting tooth and nail to get their way. Using everything from bought science to these kinds of legal tricks is the way they try to keep honest miners from making a living.

Until I became so involved in learning the mining laws and saw how the green groups are doing their best to take our rights away from us by any mean I used to support what they were trying to do at the start. Clean water, fresh air etc are good things after all. Once I learned how they've taken to twisting the laws to their own benefit and to line their pockets they lost all support from me for any of their "causes".

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does this matter anymore? (not a rhetorical question but a real question, its just worded funky lol)
I would think that they would just give up, they just lost the war and dredging is back!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You have to keep in mind what kind of extremists we're dealing with here Neo. So far in these cases we've seen the following from their side of the courtroom and halls of government:

Bought Science

Omitted data by those so called scientists

Conflict of interest

Staged testing that was guaranteed to make miners and mining look bad

Flat out lies

So if you think that the war is over I have to disagree. We may have won this battle but we have many more in front of us still. These people are not going to go away any time soon. You have to think of them in the same light as a terrorist group. They may be down for now but they're far from being gone for good. Until we can get the laws that allow them to fund their law suites at the expense of the people of this country changed, they're going to keep on attacking mining and miners.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well said.

One note, hydraulicing was never banned and is still practiced with regulatory oversight and very modified practices.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Further Attacks on Rinehart Decision! | PEOPLE V RINEHART

This just in from James Buchal -Unfortunately, the Supreme Court of California has extended the time for granting or denying review in the Rinehart case to and including February 13, 2015, and further attacks on the opinion continue to be filed with the Court (see attached).

Thanks Brandon :) I was in court for most of 2014 myself.... It's nothing but exhausting in every aspect as you well know. Now since you have opened up dredging for all of us again - and after the opposing party in my suit last month realized they were wasting time and money and they decided to settle or come to my terms in every way, Now, I will be dredging my claim again this year with no more anti-mining or negative crap from the neighbors. There is a light at the end of the tunnel Brandon and thanks to you it just got brighter for all of us :)

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well said.

One note, hydraulicing was never banned and is still practiced with regulatory oversight and very modified practices.

You're right Kevin. I misstated myself. I should have said that hydraulic mining practices were modified to make them better for the people down stream and are used on a much smaller scale than in the old days. We have to admit that the old timers did a LOT of damage to both the terrain and the watershed before the newer regulations were put in place. The greenies still wish to try to compare the old hydraulic practices with modern suction dredging when it come to the amount of damage done. WE KNOW this to be wrong but they still keep trying to use that to scare the public.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hydraulic mining was just modified in California mostly. Many other states still have active hydraulic mines and Alaska has some huge operations with very little restrictions :evil6:

OP
OP
Bnugget

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Brandon :) I was in court for most of 2014 myself.... It's nothing but exhausting in every aspect as you well know. Now since you have opened up dredging for all of us again - and after the opposing party in my suit last month realized they were wasting time and money and they decided to settle or come to my terms in every way, Now, I will be dredging my claim again this year with no more anti-mining or negative crap from the neighbors. There is a light at the end of the tunnel Brandon and thanks to you it just got brighter for all of us :)

Your welcome Reed, I'm glad I was able to help. You know if you ever need a hand working your claims I can make myself available[emoji6]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread