fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Read the comments by miners then tell the internet hero's to be quiet. I don't see any chest thumping, done me wrong, bitter bs of old in these responses. I see folks educated in their subject matter responding with informative, factual, and (considering the topic) courteous comments. Show a little faith, we clean up real purty when given the opportunity.

http://yubanet.com/regional/Califor...uctive-Suction-Dredge-Mining.php#.VLxgT1WJOuY

Center for Biological Diversity Reports California Court Threatens to Reopen Rivers to Destructive Suction Dredge Mining

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Libs are in a wide eyed panic because they are accustomed to getting their way and that is proven by the lingering stench of panic and hysteria in their words.
We won big and we need to now convert this momentum into an offensive trend. Maybe we can overturn the ESA or CWA

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well that just sucked out any respect I had for Yuba Net. As my areas local online news outlet you'd think they'd at least come up with their own article. Gonna wade through all the comments now...

.... nice to see my friendly miner buddies in the comments! Yuba Net also has a Facebook page, but I haven't looked yet to see if they've linked this "article" yet. The Facebook page gets a lot of local traffic and lets just say my county could use your guys' polite, informative and mind-blowing views! I encountered what I can only describe as a local "activist cheerleader" who looked normal, but came through my check-out line and awkwardly told me to come to the "Wild & Free" (put on the South Yuba River Citizens League... I hear that and I think of arm band wearing hippies for some reason.. sorry if that was inappropriate) and that it brings 4,000+ out of towers to this festival where dozens of activist workshops are held movies are played. She also told me that I needed to meet new people and that the vibes were awesome.Sorry for being long winded/worded, but I really appreciate your guys' awesome comments on the Yuba Net site as my county is filled with buffoons.
It is not the place it was when I was little.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well that just sucked out any respect I had for Yuba Net. As my areas local online news outlet you'd think they'd at least come up with their own article. Gonna wade through all the comments now.

It's a press release from the Center for Biological Diversity, they sent them to all the foothill and motherlode sites. The impressive thing is for the most part, the majority are all echoing the same pro dredging/mining tired of the eco-extremists BS theme. I don't think the CBD expected that, they probably thought everyone would jump on their bandwagon, swallow another gulp of the kool aid and help them spew out some more of their usual dogma.

Last edited:

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a press release from the Center for Biological Diversity, they sent them to all the foothill and motherlode sites. The impressive thing is for the most part, the majority are all echoing the same pro dredging/mining tired of the eco-extremists BS theme. I don't think the CBD expected that, they probably thought everyone would jump on their bandwagon, swallow another gulp of the kool aid and help them spew out some more of their usual dogma.

I sure hope everyone is sick of the kook-aid! After all isn't this about clean water LOL. :laughing7:
The Union Grass Valley California Breaking News, Opinion, Sports and Entertainment | TheUnion.com hasn't even bothered mentioning the Rinehart case, it's too busy trying to quantify the local underground pot economy. (no joke- Study looks to quantify Nevada County?s pot economy | TheUnion.com)

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I messaged Yuba Net through their Facebook page and asked if they would ever consider doing an article about this from the miner's perspective or an unbiased article of their own. One of the two people that run Yuba Net responded and said "if we have the capacity, we'll do the story".

OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe not the Judgement itself, but one of the press releases that summarize it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gilded Lens View Post
I sure hope everyone is sick of the kook-aid! After all isn't this about clean water LOL.
The Union Grass Valley California Breaking News, Opinion, Sports and Entertainment | TheUnion.com hasn't even bothered mentioning the Rinehart case, it's too busy trying to quantify the local underground pot economy. (no joke- Study looks to quantify Nevada County?s pot economy | TheUnion.com)

Most of us grew up being taught that pot was bad (right or wrong, no judgement couldn't care less) and our history books told us the gold rush and mining provided the means for our country to become the great nation it is. We are a funny people, now we seek to legalize what was bad and demonize and outlaw what we have to thank for being who we are.

Last edited:

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most of us grew up being taught that pot was bad (right or wrong, no judgement couldn't care less) and our history books told us the gold rush and mining provided the means for our country to become the great nation it is. We are a funny people, now we seek to legalize what was bad and demonize and outlaw what we have to thank for being who we are.

Very good statement and point, you're so right Mark. Our side will have a bigger voice soon...

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It should be forthright to remember the miner enjoys something few other individuals have. It is the Mineral Estate Grant. ( M.E.G.). The anti group (greenies) can whine all they want, and the press can report whining articles supporting the "greenie" side of things. But the Grant is alive and can do well, and in time "tides change" or it is also known as the "PENDULUM THEORY" .....as the pendulum eventually swings back. There is no escaping the M.E.G. (once given a contract can not be taken away/revoked).....so says the Supreme Court.

But the Grant is exclusive to the Miner. Rinehart was/is a miner. Not a hobbyist/recreationalist....simply a miner standing up for His rights. There is no doubt this pendulum swing takes time and effort; but it will happen. Eventually the anti crowd will get it, and probably move on to more productive efforts on their part. The M.E.G. is alive and well....just a matter of using it correctly.

Bejay

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
I never thought this was about anything other than class envy, disguised as an environmental issue. Mr. Reinhart gets sited for dredging on his own claim. One guy, one dredge. None of the whole 6 years of the ban made any sense. That is life, and we must fight certain battles as freedom is always under assault.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
That press release from the CBD sure has been making the rounds! I've lost count of how many places I've seen it since they released that drivel.

What has impressed me the most is that for the most part, all of the replies by/from the mining community have all been polite and well thought out. The comments from the other side have not been nearly as nice. May have been very rude as well as nothing more than a repeating the green party line.

It is an unfortunate truth of history that you can't please everyone all the time and that there has always been those that will resort to any means to see that THEIR agendas are the ones that are followed even if they're in the minority. The lies, false science and scare tactics used by the greenies only prove that statement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread